Imitate his example!

  • My Manna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012
      My Manna

      "And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise." Hebrews. 6:15.

      Abraham was long tried.
      But he was richly rewarded.

      The Lord tried him by delaying to fulfill His promise.

      Satan tried him by temptation.
      People tried him by jealousy, distrust, and opposition.
      Sarah tried him by her peevishness.

      But he patiently endured.

      He did not question God's veracity,

      - nor limit His power,

      - nor doubt His faithfulness,

      - nor grieve His love!
      But-
      - he bowed to Divine Sovereignty,
      - submitted to Infinite Wisdom, and
      - was silent under delays,
      - waiting the Lord's time.

      And so-
      - having patiently endured,
      - he obtained the promise.

      God's promises cannot fail of their accomplishment.

      Patient waiters cannot be disappointed.

      Believing expectation shall be realized.

      Abraham's conduct-
      - condemns a hasty spirit,

      - reproves a murmuring one,

      - commends a patient one, and

      - encourages quiet submission to God's will and way.

      Remember-
      Abraham was tried!

      He patiently waited.
      He received the promise,

      - and was satisfied.

      Imitate his example!
      And you will share the same blessing.

      If you are blessed by this devotional,please forward it to your friends or send us their email addresses that we may send them My Manna.If you want us to pray for any need,please join our prayer group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/myprayergroups/If you need prayer or personal counsel come to skype at:  my-manna