Talitha cumi

  • T@MZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011
      Talitha cumi

      Mark 5:41 - And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her,
      Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee,
      arise.

      When I got the scripture for today's message at first I thought the
      Lord wanted me to write on the authority that Jesus had when He
      commanded the dead child to get up. But as I looked close the Lord led
      me to write on the words 'Talitha cumi' which are Aramaic words
      meaning 'young girl arise' which even today in translations of various
      are yet written in Aramaic.

      Aramaic has its origin from the Aramaeans of Aram in the 12th Century
      BC. This language was promoted by the Assyrians who made it their
      official language. Later this language was the official language of
      the Babylonians (King Darius) and thus became a language also of the
      Israelites since they were under the rule of Babylonians. When Daniel
      wrote his book half of his book is in Aramaic and half in Hebrew. One
      may assume the second half may be Aramaic and the first half in
      Hebrew, but contrary it is the opposite, the first half is in Aramaic
      and second half in Hebrew.

      Is today message about the history of the Aramaic language? No.

      What I want you to understand the wisdom of God in using the languages
      to bring His Word to His people.

      If one reads into the explanations of the prophecies written in Daniel
      before chapter 8 which was written in Aramaic was for the lost
      Israelites and spoke more of earthly things but chapter 8 onwards was
      more of spiritual things. For example the kings or kingdoms of
      chapters 2-7 were of earthly kind but the king of chapter 8 (little
      horn) was a unique king who had a spiritual status.

      This too can be seen in text of the Old Testament, for most of the Old
      Testament is written in Hebrew except the following text is written in
      Aramaic.

      Aramaic is found in four discrete sections of the Old Testament:
      1) Ezra 4:8-6:18 and 7:12-26 - documents from the Achaemenid period
      (5th century BCE) concerning the restoration of the temple in
      Jerusalem.
      2) Daniel 2:4b-7:28 - five subversive tales and an apocalyptic vision.
      3) Jeremiah 10:11 - a single sentence in the middle of a Hebrew text
      denouncing idolatry.
      4) Genesis 31:47 - translation of a Hebrew place-name.

      The Qumran text also known as the Dead Sea scrolls were manuscripts
      found in caves on the banks of the Dead Sea which held among other
      text also the whole of the Old Testament with all 38 of the 39 books
      with only the book of Esther missing. These books were all translated
      into Aramaic over a period of more than 400years. It had nearly 3
      generations of translating systems of the Hebrew to Aramaic language.

      Coming to the New Testament during the times of Jesus, during this
      time 3 languages were spoken by the Israelites (Jews) - Hebrew,
      Aramaic and Greek (which was official language of the Romans).

      In the New Testament some parts of the book was originally written in
      Aramaic and was later translated into Greek. These were done during
      the early Apostolic Church, but what we see is that some of the text
      like in today's message was not translated but kept as it were in the
      language Jesus spoke to the common man.

      During Jesus' time Hebrew was the Church language, Aramaic was the
      common people's language and Greek the language spoken by the
      officials.

      Today's Bibles translations are founded from the manuscripts which
      includes these 3 languages. The Apostles in the wisdom of the Lord
      found the need to have the Aramaic text translated to Greek for Greek
      was the language of officials.

      The Bible takes us in spirit according to the languages it is written.
      The promise of the Church (Hebrew) given to the common man (Aramaic)
      to have authority and become sons of God (Greek).

      Like in today's message Jesus spoke to the dead body of the little
      girl to get up, so also the Lord is speaking to the Church of today
      which is lost in worldly things to come alive in Him, to have
      authority in Him and become sons.

      [Prayer Starter]
      Lord, You love your people very much. You want them to come to You to
      eternally dwell with You. But since Heaven is only for sons, You are
      speaking to your people to wake up and have authority in You so that
      they overcome and your glory in seen in them when your image gets
      manifested among your people. Lord we pray your people realize who
      they are in You and stop running or turn their face from darkness, the
      things that are not from your Kingdom and are destroying your people,
      that they take them head on and expel them like light expels
      darkness...

      This prayer we make in Jesus' Name, Amen.

      [Reference Scriptures]
      John 1:10-13
      10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world
      knew him not.
      11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
      12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the
      sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
      13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor
      of the will of man, but of God.

      Romans 8:19-22
      19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the
      manifestation of the sons of God.
      20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by
      reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
      21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the
      bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of
      God.
      22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in
      pain together until now.

      Galatians 4:4-7
      4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son,
      made of a woman, made under the law,
      5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the
      adoption of sons.
      6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son
      into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
      7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then
      an heir of God through Christ.

      Revelation 1:6-7
      6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the
      beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the
      fountain of the water of life freely.
      7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God,
      and he shall be my son.

      --
      T@MZ

      http://www.SavedByFaith.info