Jan. 1 Sparky’s Heart — Genesis 1-2

  • George Jackson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2010
      Jan. 1 Sparky's Heart — Genesis 1-2
      Sparky's Prayer: Thank You Lord God, that You are creating order step by step. Thank You for the partnership that You are forming so that we can fulfill our purpose with You. Thank You that everything that You create is good, so that we might have a joyful and effective life. Thank You that Your Word starts at the beginning, letting us know Your plan for us. Tragically, our parents failed, but God gives us hope by giving us a second chance. Help us start this year with You as our guide. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.thestreamtv1.com/

      Rom. 1:1-4 — Good News for Planet Earth
      Paul's Prayer: Dear Father God, Who commissioned the Good News to earth: Thank You for the Good News for planet Earth which You promised through Your prophets in the Holy Scriptures. We love You for giving us this Good News about Your Son, Who, though He was descended from King David according to the flesh, was designated Your Son, the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness, by His resurrection from the dead. We exult in thanksgiving for Jesus Christ, holder of all authority, in Whose name we come. In Jesus' precious and mighty saving name, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/praying_paul/pwp.pl?001

      VERSE: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. — Genesis 1:1 (NIV)
      THOUGHT: We are creatures of the earth. Yes, we are much more than that, but occasionally we need to be reminded! We cannot truly understand existence before time, yet before the beginning of time as we know it, God existed — He has revealed Himself as "I AM," the one Who is and Was is to come. Before there was an ordered universe to provide the basis of our existence, God is. He had existence before, beyond, and without our created universe. We cannot even truly comprehend this in its entirety. That is why every new beginning — whether it is a day, a week, a year, or a millennium — should begin with God. He alone is the ultimate Genesis, our beginning.
      PRAYER: Almighty Creator and God of all of the universe, we praise You for Your incomparable power and Your incomprehensible glory. As we begin this new year, we know that our future rests in Your will, Your grace, and your salvation. Please go with us as we journey toward this future. Please be glorified in the way we live our lives today, this year, and for as long as You give us earthly life. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/

      What Jesus Did! — God's Promise Fulfilled
      Matthew 1:1 (NLT) This is a record of the ancestors of Jesus the Messiah, a descendant of King David and of Abraham.
      WJD THOUGHT: Jesus is God keeping His promises. This will be one of Matthew's continuing themes. Matthew begins the good news of Jesus by reminding us that Jesus is not only Jewish, but has a family line that can be traced back to King David and to Father Abraham. Matthew wants us to know immediately that Jesus is the fulfillment of God's promise to send a Messiah Who will bless all nations. The Apostle Paul, God's chosen missionary to the Gentiles, said that all of God's promises find their "yes" in Jesus. (2 Cor. 1:18-20) He stresses that faith in Jesus is the key to unlocking the truth of Scripture (2 Tim. 3:15). Let us use this year to find Jesus!
      WJD PRAYER: Holy and faithful Father God, thank You for keeping Your promises and sending Jesus. Thank You for taking care of Your people Israel through their long and often difficult history. Your faithfulness to Your Word gives us assurance that You will send Jesus back to bring victory to all of Your people, just as You have promised. In the precious name of Jesus, Son of Abraham, Son of David, and Son of God, and in the power of the Holy Spirit, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/matthew/0101-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! — Good News!
      Mark 1:1 (NLT) Here begins the Good News about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God.
      WJD THOUGHT: We are beginning a journey through the Gospel of Mark. Gospel means "good news." Mark wants us to know three things about our journey with him through the life of Jesus.
      First, it is a journey about God's good news.
      Second, it is about a very human person named Jesus.
      Third, this Jesus is also the Messiah (or Christ promised in the Old Testament) and Son of God.
      Never lose sight of the fact that Mark is telling us the good news of God about Jesus in the message that he shares with us. Sometimes the words and stories will be challenging and hard to understand. Yet at the heart of each story, event, or teaching is an implicit hope that God has brought us something very good to us in Jesus!
      WJD PRAYER: Father God, as we make the journey through the next year, please help us know Jesus better. Help us to see Jesus as the source and foundation of Your good news. Open our eyes and help us see Jesus, in Whose mighty saving name, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/mark/0101-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! — A Gospel for God
      Luke 1:1 (NLT) Most honorable Theophilus: Many people have written accounts about the events that took place among us.
      WJD THOUGHT: Theophilus means friend of God. We cannot be sure whether the name refers to an actual person or if it is symbolic to speak to all who are seeking to live as a friend of God. Luke does want us to know that his gospel is written after many other accounts of Jesus' life have been written. His story is about the work God had accomplished through the events of Jesus' life. Of most importance for us, this is our invitation to seek after God and to honor Him with our lives. Jesus promised that if we seek after Him, we will find Him! Let us accept that invitation and open our hearts, both to God and also to His work through His Son.
      WJD PRAYER: Father God, as we start this New Year, we want to know You more fully through what Jesus did in His earthly ministry and so that we can serve You more fully in our daily life. Please reveal Jesus to us as we study His life this coming year. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/luke/0101-wjd.html

      WHAT JESUS DID! — The Message That Was There All Along
      John 1:1 (NLT) In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and He was God.
      WJD THOUGHT: What a strange way to begin a story: "God's message existed before anything else existed." But it is true, because that message is Jesus! When God wanted to tell human beings about Himself, when He wanted to give them good news about salvation, when He wanted to give them a message about His love for them, He sent Jesus. Jesus is God's Message. And this Message was with God all along. In fact, He was by very nature, God. Jesus is God come to us as Savior, in human flesh. He is God with us, the Messenger of all messengers and the Message of all messages.
      WJD PRAYER: Thank You, our Father in heaven, for giving us a message that we can understand. Thank You for giving us a message that we can see in action. Thank You for Jesus and all He is to us. Thank You for Your message of love, salvation, and grace. In Jesus' mighty saving name and the power of the Holy Spirit, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/john/0101-wjd.html

      Daily Guide to Miracles from Oral Roberts Ministries
      Who is First? — Richard Roberts; NEW YEAR'S DAY
      Who or what do you put first in your life? Your spouse? Your children? Your job? The dictionary defines the word "first" as "preceding all others in time, order, or importance; the finest grade." What in your life would fit that description? God wants us to put Him first and everything else in our lives second. He asks us to give Him our best — "the finest grade" — in every area of our lives. Proverbs 3:9 (NKJV) says, "Honour the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase." The Message Bible says; Give Him the first and the best. Why? Read the next words: So your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine. When God tells us to put Him first and give Him our best, He is not trying to take something from us. He is trying to give something back to us. Putting God first starts a chain reaction in the supernatural realm. God begins to work — often in miraculous ways. When we sow and obey God's laws, we reap a harvest according to those laws.
      My Declaration of Faith for Today: As I put God first in my life and give Him my best, my needs are met and my life is filled to overflowing.
      Remember, "Something GOOD is going to happen to you this very DAY!"
      prayer@...
      Visit the Make Your Day Count website: http://www.makeyourdaycount.com

      Old Year Reflections, New Year Revelations
      John 8:32 (AMP) And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.
      At this time of our beginning Australian summer, most of our early mornings are mild, bright, and as yet relievingly flyless. Our many lakes, dams, pools, and ocean inlet waters are glass — still, attractively revealing mirror-like reflections of the sky and whatever surrounds them. I love to be in these tranquil places or even by my small garden — pond in this mild month of December; they so invitingly lend themselves to the needful reflections I desire to engage in: reflections of the past year as it nears its end.
      Though I do not want to dwell too long on the negatives done with, there are some unfinished things of the old year I want to deal with and get out of my way for the year ahead: accumulated cluttering piles of nuisances to myself, resulting from procrastinations. Also, I keenly desire to unload any emotional, potentially hindering baggage before the Lord, my steadfast love, and greatest ally. I want to be sure that I am not harbouring any lingering resentments or unforgiveness, with unhelpful memories. I desperately want to pry off my heart and soul any of those sucking, rehearsing hurts over malicious provocations, mischievous, competitive irritations, and sin habits that can so easily, stubbornly, and happily cling like barnacles to a boat. I want to rid myself of every besetting hindrance to my future: particularly my stepping forward into Jesus' plans.
      "Yes, please, show me Lord, so that I shall repent and be free, for I want to be as a cleansed, surrendered, united, dependently clamped limpet — literally laminated to You."
      In preparation for the year ahead, I definitely want to take note of the positive happenings, too; to assess the valuable things accomplished and learned; maybe to do even better next year those things that I did well: how I changed and grew in grace, truth, belief, and love; how I excused, rejoiced, moved forward, was blessed, bore healthy fruit, and was a blessing to others by Jesus' perfect grace and guidance. All glory to Him!
      Beloved, naturally, no matter where we live in the world, whatever the weather conditions, it is December, and an excellent time to reflect in Jesus' presence. We can repent and settle the old year happenings peaceably in our hearts and minds, before our loving gracious Lord; we can come into agreement with Him, and choose willingly to be made ready by Him to enter the approaching New Year.
      Amos 2:3 (AMP) "Do two walk together except they make an appointment and have agreed?"
      May we truly know that our lovely, gracious Lord is committed to rectification. He can turn every failure into fulfillment, every defeat into victory, and each inability right into His power, so let us
      Phil. 3:14 (AMP) "press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward."
      What a godly, fruitful, revelation-filled, "Happy New Year" we can have as we cling freely and tightly to our Lord Christ! For He is to His beloved ones, and within His beloved ones as "Jesus, Mighty God", "All Wisdom", "The Word of Life", "The Great I AM", "The Prince of Peace", "Lord Saviour", "The Lion of the Tribe of Judah", "Lord of lords", "The Lamb of God", "The Righteous Judge", "The Resurrection and Ascension Life", "The Chief Shepherd", "Wonderful Counsellor", "The King of kings", "The Beginning and the End", "Eternal God", and so very much more.
      We come in agreement with Rosemary's Prayer: Thank You, Father God, in the name of Jesus, for the honour and opportunity of walking and working with ever — victorious You, through another brand new year, and that "we Christians have no veil over our faces; we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him." (2 Corinthians 3:18 TLB) In all Your lovely names, we gratefully thank You for our old year reflections and our new year revelations. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we pray. Amen and Amen!
      Rosemary Renninson — rosemary396@...
      Westbury, Victoria, Australia
      http://daily.presbycan.ca/

      WHAT JESUS DID! — Luke is showing us the way
      Acts 1:1-3 (NLT) In my first book[a] I told you, Theophilus, about everything Jesus began to do and teach [2] until the day he was taken up to heaven after giving his chosen apostles further instructions through the Holy Spirit. [3] During the forty days after his crucifixion, he appeared to the apostles from time to time, and he proved to them in many ways that he was actually alive. And he talked to them about the Kingdom of God.

      Dream Another Dream
      1 Corinthians 2:9 (NLT) "...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him"
      TODAY'S WORD: What are the dreams and desires that you have for your future? Maybe you had some big dreams in the past, but things did not go the way you planned. So you put them aside and settled for status quo. We have all had disappointments and setbacks, but today is a new day, and we serve a God Who makes all things new!
      Let me challenge you to dig deep and dare to have a big dream for your life. I always say, "When one dream dies, dream another dream. Don't just settle for mediocrity, we serve a God Who is above and beyond anything we can think of, and He wants to manifest His greatness through you. Remember, there is nothing you can dream that God cannot do. Why do you not ask Him to bring you the right people, the right opportunities, and the right resources? Trust that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Dare to believe and dare to dream another dream, because He desires to do big things in and through you in this New Year!
      TODAY'S PRAYER: Father in heaven, in the name of Jesus, thank You for a new day to praise Your name. I dedicate myself to You fresh and anew. Lead me in the ways of my heart; help me to find that new dream, and let everything I do bring glory to You. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we pray. Amen.
      www.JoelOsteen.com & www.VictoriaOsteen.com