Prophetic rebuke from the Lord

  • T@MZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010
      Prophetic rebuke from the Lord

      Zephaniah the Prophet

      There are a lot of people who prophesy or rebuke in the Name of the
      Lord. Sometimes it is difficult to identify if they are doing it in
      Spirit or are doing so in the flesh (according to their own

      In my previous mails I specified that since the Word of God is
      complete, therefore the prophesying which we do, are basically
      application of the Word [promises] into our lives.

      Also what is called by most as 'word of knowledge' is nothing but the
      prompting of the Holy Spirit. This ability is giving to every believer
      who is in tune with the Holy Spirit.

      One thing that the Lord wants to tell us today through the book of
      Zephaniah is how to discern prophetic rebuke. Zephaniah was from the
      royal bloodline of Judah and yet he was like a junior Jeremiah. Two
      third of his book is full of rebukes but being a true prophetic rebuke
      his last chapter is full of encouragement and hope.

      Corrections are very essential for growth. If you have people around
      you who always praise you and tell you how good you are, then pity on
      you. You are very likely to have a disaster in your life for will
      never know one day if there is a pit in front of you and you being
      blinded by praises will fall in it. So call yourself blessed if the
      Lord has put someone close to you to point out your faults. But if a
      person who points only to your faults is very likely doing it in the
      flesh. For any rebuke from the Lord comes with a purpose of growth. It
      will have hope, encouragement or comforting words also at the end of
      the rebuke.

      If God can give Satan thousand years to repent, whom He knows will
      never do so, would not the same Lord be merciful with us?

      With every challenging situation the Lord opens a window of escape and
      this is visible only when our eyes are focused on Him and we do not
      harden our hearts. Understand the Lord has created us to prosper us
      and if we get this written into our hearts, our faith in the Lord will
      increase and it will become easy to walk on His path and discern it
      from the paths of the world and of Satan.

      [Prayer Starter]
      Lord, You are a loving and merciful God. You made us and are aware of
      our weaknesses. You gave us all that we need to strengthen us in body
      mind and spirit. Your Word, the Sacrifice of your Son and your Spirit
      are all that we need to overcome sin and death. Lord, help us
      circumcise our hearts and direct our path unto your path so that we
      not only reach our purpose in You but also receive it in fullness...

      This payer we make in Jesus' Name, Amen.

      [Reference Scriptures]
      Romans 15:3-4
      3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The
      reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
      4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our
      learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might
      have hope.

      Romans 16:26
      26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets,
      according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all
      nations for the obedience of faith:

      Ecclesiastes 7:5
      5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear
      the song of fools.

      Proverbs 9:8
      8 Reprove not a scorner [boastful / arrogant], lest he hate thee:
      rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.