Jesus never taught that!

  • Gospel from India
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009
      Jesus never taught that!

      Major objection to Christianity is:
      "Religion is the cause of more problems and wars than anything else."

      The response:
      You're right, religion is the cause of many wars and conflicts.

      * Look at the Middle East today.
      * Consider the abuses in church history.
      * The Crusades were the so-called Christian holy wars with Moslems seeking to capture the Holy Land for the "true faith."
      .* There was the horror of the Inquisition, with so-called heretics burned at the stake and Jews expelled from Spain.
      * Remember the terror and killing in Northern Ireland, or more recently, look at September 11, 2001...hate smothered with perverted religion.

      Jesus never taught that!

      He says to love and forgive your enemies.

      There has been some bad stuff in religion, but Jesus would never call on Christians to force other people to believe in Him and His word.

      There is nothing in the Bible that teaches that.
      That is manmade religion--not Jesus.

      A lot of religion stinks.
      It's caused tons of unnecessary problems, but Jesus is the One you want to look to.

      Unlike misguided religion, what He teaches is always good.

      "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this...to keep oneself unstained by the world." - James 1:27.