Be merciful, patient and angry like your Father

  • T@MZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2009
      *Be merciful, patient and angry like your Father.*

      *Matthew 5:44, 45* - *But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that
      curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which
      despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of
      your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil
      and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.*

      In yesterday's message we were told how the Lord brings calamities on His
      people in His anger but then in His mercy, He blesses them.

      In today's message the Lord is telling us although He gets angry with those
      who do not know Him or have rejected Him and are working against Him, He
      still in His patience and wisdom does not destroy them right away. It is not
      that God does not hate evil; He tolerates evil because He has plans to
      benefit His people and does not want even one of them to be lost.

      As Christians we are told to forgive and be merciful but we are also
      supposed to be angry people. Angry, not against people; for people are just
      tools in hands of the real evil doers. We need to be angry against the
      forces that go against the will and plan of God and we should let God deal
      with it.

      Our patience and kindness towards our enemies (people) accelerates the
      process of dealing against the real enemy (spirits).

      So let us not lose focus of who is our real enemies and using wisdom and
      patience let is not react to the real enemy in the way they want of us,
      thereby destroying the fruit of the Holy Spirit in us. Let us use powerful
      weapons like love, mercy, kindness, prayer etc. to deal with the real enemy
      and leaving the revenge part for God, thus receiving the plan of God in full
      in our lives.

      *[Prayer Starter]*

      Father God, You are Almighty God. You created the worlds with your breathe.
      In the same breathe You can destroy all evil in a moment. But Father God in
      your wisdom You allow evil to exist so that good may not be destroyed. You
      are in control of everything and You know when and how to react. So Father
      help us fight the real enemy and help us not to fall prey to the enemy by
      reacting the way they want of us, but to react as You want of us...

      We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen.

      *[Reference Scriptures]*

      *Romans 12:19-21*

      19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but *rather* give place unto
      wrath: for it is written, Vengeance *is* mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

      20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:
      for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

      21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

      T@MZ