Greedy for gain

  • endtimesprophet@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      (Jeremiah 6:13-15)
      "From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit. They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. `Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace. Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when I punish them," says the Lord.

      "Ignore it and maybe it will go away!" Sound familiar? This was Israel's response to Jeremiah's warnings. They kept listening to predictions of peace because they did not like Jeremiah's condemnation of their sin. But denying the truth never changes it, what God says always happens. Sin is never removed by denying its existence. We must confess to God that we have sinned and ask him to forgive us.

      Reflection
      Smokers know cigarettes cause cancer; Californians know an earthquake will come eventually. Why do people frequently ignore warnings? What warnings does God have for your society? Are you paying attention or ignoring them?