March 1 SparkysHeart — Deuteronomy 5-7

  • George Jackson, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 5:27 PM
      March 1 SparkysHeart — Deuteronomy 5-7
      Sparky's Prayer: Help us, Father God, to remember our
      responsibilities to You. Help us to know You more and serve You. Help
      us to worship You as You desire and not according to our own desire.
      Help us to recognize the character of God. Help us to worship You in
      everything we have and all that we are. Help us to worship You with
      our hearts, souls, and strength. Help us to write Your Word and Your
      Wonders on our hearts, spirits, and minds. In Jesus' mighty saving
      name, we pray. Amen.

      Romans 14:13-16 — Walking in Love
      Paul's Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, to Whom all will bow: Help us
      not pass judgment on others or despise them. Let us look to ourselves
      in view of the fact that we will have to give an account for our own
      self. You have said, "As we live every knee shall bow to Me, and
      every tongue shall give praise to God." Let us praise You now before
      the day of Your judgment. Let our praise be willing and not forced.
      Help us never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a
      brother or sister in Christ, and especially of some young person. Do
      not let us injure anyone by exercising our rights. Let us rather walk
      in love forward. Don't let our right to do something cause the ruin
      of one for whom Christ died. Do not let what is good to us be evil
      spoken of. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we pray for the love and
      wisdom to so live. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/praying_paul/pwp.pl?060

      VERSE: How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we
      should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason
      the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. 1 John 3:1
      (NIV)
      THOUGHT: Some gifts are too precious for words and too wonderful to
      fully appreciate. The greatest of these gifts is that we are God's
      children! We have been adopted into the Father's family! Jesus claims
      us as His younger siblings! Even though the world may not acknowledge
      this, that condition does not make it any less true. After all, the
      world did not recognize its Creator when He became flesh and lived
      among the people He had made. God's Word, however, still proclaims
      the truth; we ARE the children of God!
      PRAYER: Thank You, dear Heavenly Father, for the incredible blessing
      of being Your children. We know that we have not begun to understand
      all the glorious things this gift means. However, dear Father God, we
      look forward to what we can learn now about what it means, and we
      joyously anticipate the day when we can see You face to face and
      fully know the meaning of this joy. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we
      pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org

      What Jesus Did! — Redeeming Insult
      Matthew 5:38-39 (NLT) "You have heard that the law of Moses says, `If
      an eye is injured, injure the eye of the person who did it. If a
      tooth gets knocked out, knock out the tooth of the person who did
      it.' But I say, do not resist an evil person! If you are slapped on
      the right cheek, turn the other, too.
      WJD THOUGHT: Jesus' words draw us to the values of our Heavenly
      Father. Rather than passively accepting evil, we are to overcome evil
      with good. We are to work redemption in the face of mistreatment like
      the suffering servant in Isaiah who suffers, serves, and redeems in
      the face of attack and ridicule. Jesus reminds us that we are to
      redeem rather than to try to get even. A slap on the cheek in Jesus'
      day was more a social insult than a physical injury. In our day, we
      seldom slap someone on the cheek to embarrass or humiliate that
      person. Instead, we shoot them a "zinger," cut them down
      sarcastically, or tell a joke at their expense. This is out of bounds
      for believers. Such talk does not accomplish the redemption God has
      called us to share with others.
      WJD PRAYER: Holy and patient Heavenly Father, please strengthen us so
      that we will look for ways to redeem those who shame and humiliate
      us. We know that vengeance will only poison our hearts and alienate
      us from the insulting party. Give us grace to react with kindness
      even toward those who are unkind to us. In the mighty saving name of
      the One Who did not rebuke His accusers we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/matthew/0301-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! — Gospel Farmers
      Mark 4:14 (NLT) "The farmer I talked about is the one who brings
      God's message to others."
      WJD THOUGHT: Jesus explains His parable of the soils. One key
      component is the farmer in the story. The farmer is the person who
      shares God's message, the good news of God, with others. The question
      we need to ask is this: are we farmers?
      WJD PRAYER: Father God, help us to be more effective as a farmer in
      Your Kingdom. Help us see opportunities to sow Your good news about
      Jesus. In His mighty saving name, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/mark/0301-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! — With Authority!
      Luke 4:31-32 (NLT) Then Jesus went to Capernaum, a town in Galilee,
      and taught there in the synagogue every Sabbath day. There, too, the
      people were amazed at the things He said, because He spoke with
      authority.
      WJD THOUGHT: Some folks have positional authority — they have been
      appointed to a position. Some use that position wisely, while some
      misuse it to boss others around. Some folks have personal authority
      because of who they are and how they conduct themselves. Some folks
      speak with a realness and clarity that give them authority. Jesus had
      all three — He was sent by God, lived with honesty, and taught God's
      truth. That is why He stood out. That is also, why He was viewed as
      dangerous by His opponents. The point for us, however, is that we
      need to listen to what Jesus says! Jesus comes and gives us God's
      truth for our lives. Will we listen and follow Him?
      WJD PRAYER: Holy and righteous Father God, thank You for speaking to
      us so clearly through Jesus. His life and His Words are so powerful.
      Open our minds and hearts as we seek to understand and apply His
      Words and His Example to our lives. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we
      pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/luke/0301-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! — A Weary Savior!
      John 4:4-6 (NLT) He had to go through Samaria on the way. Eventually
      He came to the Samaritan village of Sychar, near the parcel of ground
      that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Jacob's well was there; and Jesus,
      tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime.
      WJD THOUGHT: Jesus took the "short cut" between Judea in the south
      and Galilee in the north. He went through Samaria. He was tired from
      His journey. He rested by the historic site of Jacob's well. So much
      history and promise come together in this moment. We expect something
      grand to happen. Jesus has come to the well dug by Father Israel
      (Jacob's name was changed to Israel). What great word do we hear?
      What triumphant deed does Jesus do? None. At least not at first.
      Jesus' primary action was to simply sit down. He was a weary Savior.
      He was tired. Sounds almost bizarre as our hearts exalt and hold
      Jesus in the highest of places. At the same time, something wondrous
      is once again revealed to us. Jesus became flesh. Human flesh. Mortal
      flesh. Wearying flesh. He knows us not only as God, but as one of us
      whose feet got dirty, whose legs grew tired, and whose stomach
      growled when it was empty. Jesus is our Savior Who knows us; He knows
      us not just, because He is God, but also because He has lived in our
      world, sharing our burdens and feeling our weariness.
      WJD PRAYER: Heavenly Father, how can we thank You for making Yourself
      so accessible to us through Jesus. Jesus, thank You for becoming
      mortal for us. Your sacrifice has given even greater confidence that
      we can come to the throne room of heaven and receive mercy and grace
      to help us in our time of need. Thank You Lord. We praise dear
      Father, most holy and gracious God. In Jesus' mighty saving name, we
      pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/john/0301-wjd.html

      Daily Guide to Miracles from Oral Roberts Ministries
      Mixing Praise and Worship — by Richard Roberts
      Did you know that praise and worship play an important role in
      developing your faith? It is true. When God promised Abraham that he
      and Sarah would have a son in their old age, Abraham never wavered in
      believing God's promise. Romans 4:20 says he was strong in faith,
      giving glory to God. Now that is praise and worship!
      Why is it so important to mix praise and worship with your faith? So
      that when the tests of your faith come, you will be ready. Abraham
      experienced the miracle of having a son in his old age, but a few
      years later, he experienced the ultimate test. (See Genesis 22:1-13.)
      One day God spoke to him and said, "Take your only son, Isaac, whom
      you love so much, and go to Moriah and sacrifice him." But Abraham
      was prepared for the test. He had experienced God's faithfulness, and
      he knew he could trust Him. Abraham told his servants, "The lad and I
      will go yonder and worship, and we will come right back." Abraham
      believed that even if he had to sacrifice his son, God would raise
      him up. After placing Isaac on the altar, Abraham raised the knife
      above his beloved son. But God said, "Don't do it! I know that you
      trust Me." At that precise moment, Abraham saw a ram caught by his
      horns in a bush. God miraculously provided the sacrifice.
      Abraham was in tune with God. He had developed an intimate
      relationship with God, and when the time came for him to prove his
      trust in God, he was up to the challenge. God did not disappoint him.
      He honored his faith and obedience. We, too, can develop a faith
      relationship with God so that we can praise and worship Him in every
      situation and pass our "trust tests" with flying colors!
      My Declaration of Faith for Today: My faith is strengthened as I give
      glory to God through praise and worship.
      Remember, "Something GOOD is going to happen to you!"
      prayer@...
      Visit the Make Your Day Count web site:
      http://www.makeyourdaycount.com

      Time With The King (2)
      A close, but much younger friend of mine had a continuous battle with
      the age-old time factor, i.e. never having enough of it! Overall, he
      managed his time well. However, he frequently complained that his
      personal relationship time with the Lord in prayer, praise, worship,
      and reading God's Word was almost non-existent. Over a long period of
      time, I saw his desire, his much struggle, and his failure to enjoy a
      daily time with his Lord and Saviour.
      Many Christians can identify with this young man's dilemma: balancing
      time looking after his family, home, and the many other commitments
      vital to survival.
      My earthly father expressed this statement often: "If things don't
      change, they'll stay as they are. There are 24 hours in every day, 7
      days in every week, 4 or 5 weeks in every month, and 12 months in
      every year. Time does not grow, stretch, or suddenly become more.
      What time does do, is pass! Days pass. Weeks pass. Months pass. Years
      pass. How we choose to use our time is what our lives become! We make
      our choices; then our choices turn around and make us."
      Profound, and true!
      Ephesians 5:15-16 - Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise
      but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days
      are evil. (NIV)
      When we make time with Jesus, He keeps us in His way and gives us
      days of happiness instead of stress. He gives us confidence, peace,
      and joy as we talk to and listen to Him. This sweet communion is
      food; it fills any emptiness and grows our faith and love. It is the
      key to heavenly happenings here on earth.
      I'm happy to say my young friend's desire for daily time with the
      Lord came to fruition when he began to just stop what he was doing,
      to talk to God about anything and everything.
      Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "For I know the plans that I have for you,"
      declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give
      you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray
      to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me
      when you search for Me with all your heart." (NASB)
      Now my friend has found his own regular time. Also, we often have a
      time of praying and sharing together.
      We come in agreement with Rosemary's Prayer: Lord God in the name of
      Jesus, You promise so much to us for so little of our time. Please
      help us to keep a daily appointment of communion with You, our King
      of kings. Show us when we should say "No," so we can say "Yes" to
      greater things. Please help us to see that all we place in Your
      caring hands will never be lost, misplaced, or forgotten. In Jesus
      our Christ's lovely and mighty saving name, we pray. Amen and Amen.
      Rosemary Renninson—artrose@...
      Westbury, Victoria, Australia
      http://daily.presbycan.ca/

      WHAT JESUS DID! — Are You Worthy to Suffer for God?
      Acts 5:40-42 (AMP) So, convinced by him, they took his advice; and
      summoning the apostles, they flogged them and sternly forbade them to
      speak in or about the name of Jesus, and allowed them to go. [41] So
      they went out from the presence of the council (Sanhedrin), rejoicing
      that they were being counted worthy [dignified by the indignity] to
      suffer shame and be exposed to disgrace for [the sake of] His name.
      [42] Yet [in spite of the threats] they never ceased for a single
      day, both in the temple area and at home, to teach and to proclaim
      the good news (Gospel) of Jesus [as] the Christ (the Messiah).