BibleProphecy From msg. #265

  • Jane Wilms
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2002
      The Father requires "death, as the payment for sin."

      Yes, I understand that we have to "leave this *body*" either by rapture or to the "grave" until we are "resurrected"....but the statement that you quoted above has "nothing to do" with that. WE (God's children by the "new birth" Spiritual Birth from above, do NOT pay for ANYTHING! That was all accomplished by our Lord Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago, so to "say" that "we" are paying for ANY sin, deminishes what HE did FOR US. "I HAVE died WITH Christ...."...thanks! Coram Deo, Jane

    • lutherslair
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
        --- In BibleProphecy@y..., "Jane Wilms" <rowilm@e...> wrote:

        > Romans 6:23; "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is
        eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
        Though He HAS paid "the price," we are still living in a carnal
        existence. We have not attained anything, except that in which
        requires our faith to believe. By faith I will live "forever", when
        Jesus returns, but my body is still going to die, in the meantime.
        Until the day of resurrection, while I am alive, I will live in
        hope. After I am dead, I no longer hope:
        ECC.9:4-10;"For to him that is JOINED to all the living there IS
        hope:..." after death, hope ceases..."the dead know not anything."
        But the Lord will "have a desire for the work of His hands."
        LUTHERSLAIR