Let the Lord be your mentor

  • Teacher @ Mount Zion
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31 6:15 PM
      *Let the Lord be your mentor *

      *Psalms 37:3-6*

      *3 ** Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and
      verily thou shalt be fed.*

      *4 ** Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires
      of thine heart.*

      *5 ** Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall
      bring itto pass.
      *

      *6 ** And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy
      judgment as the noonday.*

      Most of the time when you correct someone the reply is 'I know I am making a
      mistake or where I am going wrong, do not show me my problem show me the
      solution'.

      The amusing part is, like the ability to discern the problem is in us, so
      also the solution to our problem is also in us. Therefore there are
      scriptures stating we are already victorious even when we are still
      fighting. What we need to do is be still; does not mean to stand in a
      position but to rest our minds and hear what the Lord speaks via our
      consciences. If we do hear a voice then we must ask ourselves what Jesus
      would do if He was in our position and His Spirit which dwells in us will
      guide us.

      We need to give attention to the small things that we do in life where we
      take our actions for granted. When we pay attention to the small things then
      the big ones we will automatically overcome.

      We do not need some great man or woman of God counseling us when we have the
      Lord Himself with us. Trust in Him; even if we make some mistakes in the
      start do not worry, we must keep going back to the Lord and He will direct
      us and bring us unto our earthly promise land (blessings).

      *[Prayer Starter]*

      Father God, Your Spirit dwells in me and guides me. Help me Lord to abide by
      your Spirit and listen unto your voice. By your Hand mend my ways and lead
      me unto my promise land. I ask this in Jesus' Name Amen.

      *[Reference Scripture]*

      *1 John 5:4-5*

      4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the
      victory that overcometh the world, *even* our faith.

      5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is
      the Son of God?

      *Romans 8:5-15*

      5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but
      they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

      6 For to be carnally minded *is* death; but to be spiritually minded
      *is*life and peace.

      7 Because the carnal mind *is* enmity against God: for it is not subject to
      the law of God, neither indeed can be.

      8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

      9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit
      of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is
      none of his.

      10 And if Christ *be* in you, the body *is* dead because of sin; but the
      Spirit *is* life because of righteousness.

      11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in
      you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal
      bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

      12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the
      flesh.

      13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the
      Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

      14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

      15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye
      have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.