The Power of Love

  • Teacher @ Mount Zion
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008
      The Power of Love

      John 15:9 - As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

      The real power of love is not in the big things. God's love was marked with the sacrifice of His only begotten Son, so that we may live. But the power of God's love was not just by the sacrifice of His Son. The real power of His love is shown to us in the small things. The fact that He loved us even thou we did not know Him, from the time of our birth He sustained us. Even today, His love is demonstrated to us in our daily routines. The greatness of God's love continues with us through His Spirit in us.

      If someone came to you one day and gave you an unimaginable big gift and disappeared not to be seen again, would it be called real love? Real love is shown by the person who lives with you and does small things for you everyday unselfishly. The power of love is not in big things but in small things that are done ceaselessly. True love heals, blesses and enriches selflessly and continuously.

      Experience the real power of God's love today, open your eyes and see it, open in your hearts and feel it.

      [ Prayer Starter ]

      Lord, your love is beyond measures and the power of your love unexplainable. You loved me before I started to love You. Everyday You pour out your love for me. No words can thank You for your love. Keep me always in your love and your Spirit always in me. I make this prayer in Jesus' Name, Amen.

      [ Reference Scriptures ]

      Romans 5:5b

      5 ... because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.