The Law for ALL Israel (Malachi 4:4) (and for Strangers)

  • Robert Dinkle
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      Greetings Pat, all,
      I agree with most of what you post below, but I think you are trying
      to make the Law Go Away so that the below can happen, which may not be
      the correct way to do that. If you look closely many of the passages
      that you, and many others understandably post to show the ending of
      the Law- actually support an ongoing Law. I have to agree with the
      Apostle Paul here, in thinking that The Law continues, but the Church
      of God's relationship to it has changed.

      Please allow me to comment, within. Comments below passages:

      >The Law for ALL Israel (Malachi 4:4)

      >We were chosen BEFORE the foundation of the world to be holy and
      without blame before Christ in love (Eph.1:4 below). There is NO
      condemnation to the church of God (1 Cor.10:32 below) who are passed
      >FROM death UNTO life (Jn.5:24, Rom.8:1 below).

      Again Pat, you are correct. We within the Assembly of God have no
      condemnation. That word supports an ongoing law, because it is only
      those who break the law, that are condemned for breaking it.
      Murder is only punished if murder is against the law.

      >We who are led of the Spirit are not under the law (Gal.5:18 below).
      The laws are written in our hearts and minds; our sins and iniquities
      God remembers no more (Heb.10:10-17).

      And what law is it, that is written in our hearts? Can you list that
      law? Where does that law come from? Do you see God is writing about
      His SAME Law, only now in another location, and God promised to put
      His law into the hearts of who? Israel and Judah:

      Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a
      new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
      Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their
      fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of
      the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an
      husband unto them, saith the LORD:
      Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the
      house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law
      in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their
      God, and they shall be my people.

      >When the Jew or the Gentile (1 Cor.10:32 below) are baptized into
      Christ by the Holy Spirit they become a "new" creature (2 Cor.5:17,
      Gal.6:15). They become individually, as well as collectively, Jesus'
      living body (Col.1:24). They BECOME the church of God (1 Cor.10:32
      below, 1 Cor.1:2, 1 Cor.15:9, Gal.1:13, Acts 20:28).

      Yes, I agree.

      >The Law is for ALL Israel/Jacob (Mal.4:4, Gen.49:28 below). Offend
      in ONE point, one is guilty of ALL (James 2:10 below).

      The Law is one, and the commandments are part of that law. However,
      parts of God's law have been suspended for now because of Jesus
      sacrifice. For example we no longer have to do the Works of the Law,
      which are Animal sacrifice, because of Christ's sacrifice.
      But we, all who enter into God, and Christ's kingdom will again keep
      God's law. Read Ezekiel chapter 40 on and Zechariah chapter 14.

      >Mal.4:4 Remember ye THE LAW of Moses my servant, which I
      commanded unto him in Horeb FOR ALL ISRAEL, with the statues and
      judgments (Gen.49:28 below).

      I have already posted to you that Gentiles are included in that above
      passage. Notice it does not say, Law only for all Israel- strangers
      are Gentiles:

      Exo 12:49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the
      stranger that sojourneth among you. Also see:

      Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in
      it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter,
      thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger
      that is within thy gates:

      >Gen.49:28 All these are the twelve tribes of Israel (Jacob):
      and this is it that their father (Jacob/Israel) spake unto them, and
      blessed them; every one according to his blessing he blessed them.

      >James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law (Mal.4:4
      above), and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

      >1 Cor.10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the
      Gentiles, nor to the church of God.

      >Gal.5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the
      law (Rom.8:1 below).

      And this above passage fully supports an active law or how could Paul
      say we are not under a law that does not exist or is ongoing? Again It
      is our relationship to God's law that has changed.

      >Eph.1:4 According as He (Christ) hath CHOSEN US in Him before
      the foundation of the world (Eph.3:9), that we (the church -
      Col.1:24) should be holy and without blame (Col.1:22, 2 Cor.11:2)
      before Him in love:

      >Jn 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my
      word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and
      shall not come into condemnation (Rom.8:1 below); but is passed FROM
      death UNTO life.

      Again, there is that word. If the Law were not active, and we were
      never under the law, then we would not be condemned because there is
      no law to condemn us, not because Christ saved us. Do you see if we
      preach an ended law or a law that does not apply to us then we are
      denying Christ, because then it is not Christ's sacrifice that saves
      us, it is because there is not law, and worse, no law no acceptable

      >Rom.8:1 There is therefore no condemnation (Jn. 5:24 above)
      to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but
      after the Spirit (Gal.5:18 above).

      >Patricia (ndbpsa ©)

      And once more, condemnation cannot happen if there is no law to
      condemn us. God bless and keep Pat, and please let me know if you have
      a Mac?