Feb.1 SparkysHeart – EXODUS 25-28

  • George Jackson, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Feb.1 SparkysHeart – EXODUS 25-28
      Sparky's Prayer: Thank You, Lord, that Your Word is the best and the
      wisest insurance we can ever have against disaster. Thank You Lord
      that Your blessings are on us. Thank You that when we give we move
      beyond selfishness to help others in God's work. Thank You for
      showing us that You have enough to go around when we give to others.
      Our faith is what we think; feel, say, and do are a special privilege
      that we give freely to You. In Jesus' saving name, we pray. Amen.

      Romans 8:15 – The Coming Glory
      Paul's Prayer: Dear Father God, Creator and Re-creator of the world:
      Whatever we will have to suffer is nothing compared to the glory You
      will reveal in Your people, and therefore in us. Your creation waits
      in eager longing for that better day in which we, Your children,
      shall be revealed in glory. Your glory will be shared with us and
      ours with it! Inwardly, Father God, we groan while bearing the
      frustrations of life and the weakness and pains in our body. We long
      for the time when the adoption process is complete, when our body
      will be resurrected and redeemed from all this. This is the hope of
      our salvation. Thank You, dear Lord, for that hope. In the saving
      name of Jesus and with the support of Your Holy Spirit, we come to
      you, anticipating Your glory and pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/praying_paul/pwp.pl?032

      VERSE: My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not
      sin. But if anybody does sin, we have One Who speaks to the Father in
      our defense -- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning
      sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins
      of the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2 (NIV)
      THOUGHT: John wants to prevent even one sinful event in the lives of
      those he loves. He is concerned because he knows that even one sinful
      event can be used by Satan to discourage and defeat us. We need to
      know that we have a Savior and a defender. He paid the price to
      redeem us, He sent His Holy Spirit to help us overcome sin's power,
      and He will speak to the Father and claim that right to forgive us.
      PRAYER: Father God, we're embarrassed by our weakness and
      vulnerability when we sin. Even in those moments of shame, we're
      thankful that Jesus provided us the way back into Your holy presence.
      Lord Jesus, we thank You for coming to our rescue and our defense. We
      will not let Satan discourage us when we fall. Instead, we re-commit
      ourselves to live with Your character and for Your glory. In the
      saving name of Jesus, our Lord and our defender, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/

      What Jesus Did! The Kingdom Calls
      Matthew 4:17-20 (NLT) From then on, Jesus began to preach, "Turn from
      your sins and turn to God, because the Kingdom of Heaven is near."
      One day as Jesus was walking along the shore beside the Sea of
      Galilee; He saw two brothers -- Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew -
      - fishing with a net, for they were commercial fishermen. Jesus
      called out to them, "Come, be My disciples, and I will show you how
      to fish for people!" In addition, they left their nets at once and
      went with Him.
      WJD THOUGHT: We have a tendency to think of kingdoms in terms of
      property or geography. For Jesus, the Kingdom of God (or "Kingdom of
      Heaven" as Matthew often puts it) is not about property or geography.
      Jesus taught that the Kingdom was about submission to His reign in
      His disciples' hearts and lives. Their goal was to be like Him in
      character and obedience. They had to be ready to surrender to Him
      anything that might get in the way of His leadership in their lives.
      This kind of kingdom requires conquest, but not a conquest of nations
      or territory. Instead, it is the conquest of hearts. Peter and Andrew
      left all to follow Him. They wanted Jesus to rule their hearts. For
      us, there is still one fundamental question regarding the Kingdom and
      following Christ: "What do I find most difficult to surrender to the
      Lordship of Christ? Where do I start? What is that one thing that is
      most difficult?" I must let Him have rule over that on e area. If I
      will do this, He will very well give it back to me to use, only now
      it will be for Him, through us, by His power.
      WJD PRAYER: O Father God, we want Jesus to be Lord of our lives. We
      want to follow Him and honor Him in every way. Please gently show us
      the areas of our lives that we have not surrendered to His Lordship.
      We want You and Your Kingdom to be the consuming passion of our
      lives. We want to live for You so that we will be used by You to
      bless others. In Jesus' saving name, we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/matthew/0201-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! Only God Can!
      Mark 2:6-7 (NLT) But some of the teachers of religious law who were
      sitting there said to themselves, "What? This is blasphemy! Who but
      God can forgive sins?"
      WJD THOUGHT: Yes, the question is the correct one! "Who but God can
      forgive sins?" This startling question was asked by the religious
      opponents of Jesus, but it is intended for us as well. While we need
      to forgive each other, only God can completely forgive sins. That is
      the point. Jesus is the Christ, God's Son, Who came among us. He is
      God in human skin. If we want to know how Father God values people,
      all we have to do is look at Jesus and we know. Even more important,
      if we want to know how our sins can be forgiven, we can look to Him!
      WJD PRAYER: LORD God Almighty, we believe that You walked the roads
      of Galilee and Judea, getting Your feet dirty with the dust of our
      mortality and Your robe soiled with the sins of folks like us. Thank
      You for showing us Your incomparable love and grace in Jesus, in
      Whose saving name we pray, praise, and thank You. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/mark/0201-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! Old Eyes, New Light
      Luke 2:27-32 (NLT) That day the Holy Spirit led him to the Temple.
      Therefore, when Mary and Joseph came to present the baby Jesus to the
      Lord as the law required, Simeon was there. He took The Child in his
      arms and praised God, saying, "Lord, now I can die in peace! As You
      promised me, I have seen the Savior You have given to all people. He
      is a light to reveal God to the nations, and He is the glory of Your
      people Israel!"
      WJD THOUGHT: "You can't teach an old dog new tricks!" It's one of
      those "truisms" that we all accept as an excuse for becoming staid
      and cynical as we age. I don't know about you, but I'm no dog! I
      believe I can change -- or better yet, I believe that God's Spirit
      can transform me. Here is old Simeon, old eyes and all, and he is the
      one who gets to see God's new Light. Why? Because Simeon believed God
      would do something great in his day, and he kept on believing even
      when he was old. God still longs to do glorious things in our day,
      even if we are old! Keep believing, listening, trusting, following,
      and most of all, keep expecting! God is faithful and He will surprise
      you with glorious things.
      WJD PRAYER: O Father God, our tender Shepherd, please do not let our
      passion dim or our faith grow tired as we grow older. We want to live
      a vibrant life of faith, expecting, trusting, and experiencing Your
      greater acts of love, mercy, and power all the way to our dying day.
      In Jesus' saving name, we pray this. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/luke/0201-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! Do Whatever He Tells You!
      John 2:5-8 (NLT) But Jesus' mother told the servants, "Do whatever He
      tells you." Six stone water pots were standing there; they were used
      for Jewish ceremonial purposes and held twenty to thirty gallons
      each. Jesus told the servants, "Fill the jars with water." When the
      jars had been filled to the brim, He said, "Dip some out and take it
      to the master of ceremonies." Therefore, they followed His
      instructions.
      WJD THOUGHT: "Do whatever He tells you." Mary commands the servants.
      Her voice rings out over the centuries. The servants' example of
      obedience transcends water pots turning to wine at an ancient
      wedding. When we do what Jesus tells us to do, even if we don't
      completely understand why He asks it, we get to see God's glory.
      Sure, this story is about a wedding and a hugely embarrassing wine
      shortage. Mainly, however, it's about Jesus doing greater things,
      better things, than we can do or even imagine. So let's do what He
      tells us. The words of Jesus John will share with us will not just be
      good advice, but they will be "spirit and life." Let's not only
      listen with our ears, let's listen with our lives.
      WJD PRAYER: Father God, give us eyes to see and ears to hear what
      Jesus tells us to do. We want to be courageous enough to live up to
      what He asks of us. We want to be willing to do whatever He tells us,
      even if we don't understand it completely. Empower us with Your Holy
      Spirit to that kind of faith and courage. In Jesus' saving name, we
      pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/john/0201-wjd.html

      Daily Guide to Miracles from Oral Roberts Ministries
      `A Healing Prayer — by Oral Roberts
      I am the Lord that healeth thee, God says in Exodus 15:26. And James
      5:15-16 instructs us that the prayer of faith shall save the sick,
      and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they
      shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray
      one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer
      of a righteous man availeth much.
      Do you need a miracle today? Let's join our faith and agree for the
      miracle you need in your life as we pray together: Father God, we
      come to You in the saving name of Your Son, Jesus, Who has gone
      before us, Who has suffered all the temptations and trials which are
      common to man and yet has emerged victorious. He, Who is touched with
      the feeling of our infirmities, is near us now. We ask You, Father
      God, to put Your Holy Spirit in those who are joining us in this
      prayer. Let them feel Your power.
      O Father God, make the very atmosphere around them be filled with the
      Holy Spirit of Father God. Cast out the sickness and the affliction.
      Heal them from the crowns of their heads to the soles of their feet,
      for we believe in Your miracle-working power. In the saving name of
      Jesus of Nazareth we pray. Amen.
      And now, in the saving name of Christ, be healed! Be healed in your
      soul of every sin. Be healed of every fear. Be healed of all sickness
      and disease. Believe in your heart that the Holy Spirit is lifting
      you up, strengthening you, healing you, and making you a whole
      person, equipped this very hour to be a victorious Christian.
      My Declaration of Faith for Today: Father God has heard our prayer
      and is sending His healing power to us.
      Remember, "Something GOOD is going to happen to you!"
      prayer@...
      Visit the Make Your Day Count web site at
      http://www.makeyourdaycount.com

      Family Reunion
      Hosea 1:10 - It shall be said to them, "Children of the living God."
      (NRSV)
      When my large family of four generations gets together, it is an
      action-filled event. Tents are pitched for sleeping, and there is
      much to do. The day might be spent fishing, and there is room to kick
      a ball.
      It's not new to have to wait, for usually some will be late arriving.
      The set time goes by, then the first hour of waiting, followed by the
      second, with no explanatory phone call. I might look calm on the
      outside, but my thoughts speed from possible accidents to sudden
      illnesses and finally to prayer that all will end well.
      Then there is the arrival. With outdoor lights on and lanterns lit,
      cars pull into the driveway, and soon everyone is talking at the same
      time, with stories about the delays and joy about the arrival.
      I see in this a picture of the kingdom of God, the place called
      heaven, the everlasting home, where the heavenly host awaits the
      arrival of the family, the children of God. There is great rejoicing
      at the arrival of each soul redeemed by the Lamb of God, and gladness
      in the beauty of salvation for all who receive Christ. This
      homecoming of excellence is such as only God could arrange, and is
      the hallmark of His love. Our Father waits for the late arrivals --
      and there will be some, for while some are early, others come later.
      Just as some of our family arrives by lantern light, there is the
      light of Jesus shining into the late night, in the same way that a
      lighthouse guides a ship to shore from a stormy sea.
      The glory of God seeks the lost with passion. The love of Jesus is
      fair. The invitation is for all to come. The heavenly mansion is
      prepared, ready for the last of the lost to enter in.
      Romans 5:8 - God proves His love for us in that while we still were
      sinners Christ died for us. (NRSV)
      We come in agreement with Kirsti's Prayer: Father God, our living
      Father, You have proven Your love for us sinners. Risen Christ, light
      the way home in the darkness. Thank You for calling us to follow Your
      Word, a lamp for our feet. Thank You that we are also called children
      of the living God. In Jesus' saving name we pray. Amen.
      Kirsti Sipila -- mrssipi@...
      Brantford, Ontario, Canada
      http://daily.presbycan.ca/

      WHAT JESUS DID! Turn from the World and turn to the Word!
      Acts 3:18-20 But Father God was fulfilling what all the prophets had
      declared about the Messiah beforehand--that He must suffer all these
      things. [19] Now turn from your sins and turn to Father God, so you
      can be cleansed of your sins. [20] Then wonderful times of
      refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and He will
      {Father God} send Jesus your Messiah to you again.