Tired of fighting your Flesh?

  • Teacher at Mount Zion
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007
      Tired of fighting your Flesh?

      How many times have you made your mind not to give into those bad
      habits? How many times have you tried to keep away from situations or
      people who lead you to anger or lust and soon or later given into it?
      Tried to keep away from addiction of cigarettes, alcohol, chocolates,
      what is the result? It may have worked for some time but soon or later
      you lost.

      You are fighting your flesh (cranial desires) in flesh and the victory
      does not last long, the battle comes back with the same force as you
      tried to fight it. Does it not remind you of a toy which small babies
      play with, dolls or animals made like of balloon with heavy sand
      packed below? When hit, it goes down but again it stands, always
      upright. The heavier the sand below and bigger the toy, more you are
      assured it will stand upright. It gives good exercise and keeps the
      child busy. The toy will rarely remain down it will stand up again and
      again. That is the picture of you fighting your flesh.

      Fighting your flesh with flesh will not win you, your battle. Stop
      fighting your flesh and start living in spirit, that with let you
      overcome your flesh. Darkness is not fought with darkness, put on the
      light and the darkness disappears. You are a believer of Christ; else
      you would not have been reading this. You have the promise of Christ
      in you. The Spirit of Christ will help you, if you ask of Him to lead
      you in your ways. Overcome your flesh by living by His Spirit, He will
      guide your spirit to overcome your flesh. Nail your flesh not with
      your flesh but by your spirit.

      [ Prayer for the Day ]

      Lord I am tired of fighting my flesh, I give up and I need your help.
      Only You can help me overcome my flesh. Let your Spirit guide me and
      lead me every moment of my life. That I may live by your Spirit and
      die to my flesh. This prayer I ask in the Name of Jesus Christ my
      Lord. Amen.

      [ Reference Scriptures ]

      Galatians 5:16-25 [KJV]
      16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the
      lust of the flesh.
      17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against
      the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye
      cannot do the things that ye would.
      18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
      19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;
      Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
      20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath,
      strife, seditions, heresies,
      21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the
      which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that
      they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
      22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
      gentleness, goodness, faith,
      23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
      24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the
      affections and lusts.
      25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

      Romans 8:1-5 [KJV]
      1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ
      Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
      2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me
      free from the law of sin and death.
      3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the
      flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and
      for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
      4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who
      walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
      5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;
      but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.