The Net

  • maranatha77
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      The Net.
      [This chapter is based on Matt. 13:47-50.]

      The kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea,
      and gathered of every kind; which, when it was full, they drew to
      shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the
      bad away. So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall
      come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast
      them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of
      teeth."

      The casting of the net is the preaching of the gospel. This gathers
      both good and evil into the church. When the mission of the gospel is
      completed, the judgment will accomplish the work of separation.
      Christ saw how the existence of false brethren in the church would
      cause the way of truth to be evil spoken of. The world would revile
      the gospel because of the inconsistent lives of false professors.
      Even Christians would be caused to stumble as they saw that many who
      bore Christ's name were not controlled by His Spirit. Because these
      sinners were in the church, men would be in danger of thinking that
      God excused their sins. Therefore Christ lifts the veil from the
      future and bids all to behold that it is character, not position,
      which decides man's destiny.
      Both the parable of the tares and that of the net plainly teach that
      there is no time when all the wicked will turn to God. The wheat and
      the tares grow together until the harvest. The good and the bad fish
      are together drawn ashore for a final separation.

      Again, these parables teach that there is to be no probation after
      the judgment. When the work of the gospel is completed, there
      immediately follows the separation between the good and the evil, and
      the destiny of each class is forever fixed.

      God does not desire the destruction of any. "As I live, saith the
      Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the
      wicked turn from his way and live. Turn ye, turn ye from your evil
      ways; for why will ye die?" Eze. 33:11. Throughout the period of
      probationary time His Spirit is entreating men to accept the gift of
      life. It is only those who reject His pleading that will be left to
      perish. God has declared that sin must be destroyed as an evil
      ruinous to the universe. Those who cling to sin will perish in its
      destruction.

      by EGW,
      posted by Brunie
    • Virgil Gerard
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
        Though this is pretty good, when we think on it.

        And I'd say right on, "EGW" is Ellen G. White, which makes this
        Adventist teaching.

        My question then is, which book did this come from?

        Blessings, Virgil

        --- In BibleProphecy@yahoogroups.com, "maranatha77" <maranatha77@...>