How to interpret Revelation

  • onemansgift
    Message 1 of 43 , Jul 4, 2004
      Friends, here is the way God has assigned to interpret all prophecy
      of His:

      2 Pet 1:20 Knowing this first that
      no prophecy of the scripture is of
      any private interpretation.

      How does God interpret prophecy?

      The Bible was written over a period of thousands of years. As
      prophecy was given, prophecy was interpreted In the case of King
      Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. The king had a dream that no one could
      interpret. A prophetic dream which continues through our day, and
      which is still being completed. A dream depicting all of the
      Kingdoms which descended from Babylon, and which continue from that
      king and kingdom into our own future:

      Dan 2:3 And the king said unto them,
      I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit
      was troubled to know the dream.

      Dan 2:10 The Chaldeans answered before
      the king, and said, There is not a man
      upon the earth that can show the king's matter:. . .

      Yet God in His kindness revealed the prophecy personally to Daniel:
      God gave the prophecy, and God revealed it:

      Dan 2:19 Then was the secret revealed
      unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel
      blessed the God of heaven.

      And in the case of the birth of our savior, God allowed the prophet
      Isaiah to prophecy that a virgin would bring forth a child, and that,
      this bringing forth would be a sign:

      Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself
      shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin
      shall conceive, and bear a son, and
      shall call his name Immanuel.

      God revealed to His servant Matthew, and others, that this prophecy
      had indeed been fulfilled:

      Mat 1:22-3 Now all this was done,
      that it might be fulfilled which
      was spoken of the Lord by the prophet,
      saying, Behold, a virgin shall be
      with child, and shall bring forth a son,
      and they shall call his name Emmanuel,
      which being interpreted is, God with us.

      Finally God, through His son Jesus Christ, sent a final REVELATION to
      the church. This time God chose to reveal His prophecy through the
      SYMBOLS that He so carefully placed into the visions given John on
      the isle of Patmos. The symbols which the church chose to completely
      ignore and worse - chose instead to provide private interpretations
      for God's symbols completely ignoring Peter's warning, and it is
      these private interpretations that have been the source of error, and
      confusion in the church for a very, very long time.

      2 Pet 1:20 Knowing this first,
      that no prophecy of the scripture
      is of any private interpretation.

      And so friends the correct way to interpret this book of Revelation
      is to use the symbols. Let me give you a clear example.

      The woman of Revelation twelve.

      Rev 12:1-6 And there appeared a great
      wonder in heaven; a woman clothed
      with the sun, and the moon under her
      feet, and upon her head a crown of
      twelve stars: And she being with child
      cried, travailing in birth, and pained
      to be delivered. And she brought forth
      a man child, who was to rule all nations
      with a rod of iron: and her child was
      caught up unto God, and to his throne.
      And the woman fled into the wilderness,
      where she hath a place prepared of God,
      that they should feed her there a thousand
      two hundred and threescore days.

      God placed His symbols into the woman so you would clearly understand
      who she was/is: Her symbols are that she is: 1, clothed with the sun.
      2, has the moon under her feet. 3, has a crown of twelve stars. 4
      bore a child who is to rule the nations with an iron rod. 5, flees
      into the wilderness for a predetermined length of time.

      If we do a word search or use a concordance we find that all of the
      symbols of Revelation twelve: The sun, moon and stars, "all of them
      together" appear in Genesis chapter thirty seven verse 9 on - where
      Joseph, the patriarch of the tribe of Joseph, and one of the, "
      twelve tribes of Israel," is relating a prophetic dream to Jacob his
      father who is father to the twelve tribes of Israel. Jacob's name as
      you may remember was changed by God to, "Israel." (read Gen 32:28)

      Here is the dream that Joseph had, along with its interpretation:

      Gen 37:9 And he (Joseph) dreamed yet
      another dream, and told it his brethren,
      and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream
      more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and
      the eleven stars made obeisance
      to me.

      Jacob/Israel recognized that the sun in Joseph's dream was himself:
      the moon was Joseph's mother, Rachel. and most importantly the
      eleven stars were Joseph's eleven brothers, and founders of eleven of
      Israel's twelve tribes.

      Gen 37:10 And he told it to his
      father, and to his brethren: and
      his father rebuked him, and said
      unto him, What is this dream
      that thou hast dreamed? Shall I
      and thy mother and thy brethren
      indeed come to bow down
      ourselves to thee to the earth?

      God provided the symbols, God interpreted, and revealed the meaning
      of those symbols. The woman can be none other then the Nation of
      Israel.

      Now lets substitute the name Israel for the name, "woman." in
      Revelation twelve, and see all of it fits:

      Rev 12:1-6 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; (Israel)
      clothed with the sun, (Jacob/Israel) and the moon (Rachel) under her
      feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars (The twelve tribes of
      Israel)And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and
      pained to be delivered. And she brought forth a man child, (Jesus,
      the Messiah) who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron (Psalms
      2:8-9) and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. (acts
      1:9 - Dan 7:13) And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she
      hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a
      thousand two hundred and threescore days.

      In 70 AD Christ rejecting Israel was led captive by the Romans. Sold,
      and sent to Greece, and then to all of the nations of the earth,
      however, Christ receiving Israel, the church, accepted Christ's
      clear warning at Matthew twenty-four; fled to asia, and after the
      Roman persecutions, went into the nations of the earth. Christ
      receiving Israel went into the wilderness, and from there Satan was
      unable to reach her for a time.

      Rev 12:14 And to the woman were
      given two wings of a great
      eagle, that she might fly into
      the wilderness, into her place,
      where she is nourished for a
      time, and times, and half a
      time, from the face of the
      serpent.

      Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast
      out of his mouth water as a
      flood after the woman, that he
      might cause her to be carried
      away of the flood.

      Rev 12:16 And the earth helped
      the woman, and the earth opened
      her mouth, and swallowed up the
      flood which the dragon cast out
      of his mouth.

      And this is the part where you really nail it down. The next verse
      writes that after the Dragon found out that he could not reach the
      the Woman, Israel, then the Dragon went after the remnant of her
      seed. Those who keep the commandments of God and have the "TESTIMONY
      of JESUS CHRIST." Who is it that keeps the. "testimony of Jesus
      Christ?" Only one people I know of that keep the testimony of Jesus
      Christ. Christians. Christians are the remnant of the woman's
      seed, keeping the commandments of God.

      Rev 12:17 And the dragon was
      wroth with the woman, and went
      to make war with the remnant of
      her seed, which keep the
      commandments of God, and have
      the testimony of Jesus Christ.

      You will see this more clearly when we examine the DRAGON, and his
      BEAST. When you see Rome wroth with the Christians, and making war
      with them.

      Eph 2:12 -13 That at that time ye
      were without Christ, being
      aliens from the commonwealth of
      Israel, and strangers from the
      covenants of promise, having no
      hope, and without God in the
      world: But now in Christ Jesus
      ye who sometimes were far off
      are made nigh by the blood of
      Christ.

      Eph 2:18 For through him we both
      have access by one Spirit unto
      the Father.
      Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no
      more strangers and foreigners,
      but fellowcitizens with the
      saints, and of the household of
      God;

      Now, because we have seen it in God's scripture, we now understand
      that the woman is without question the nation of Israel, and her
      adopted remnant - the Christians of this world.

      Now you try it. You must look at a character in Revelation, see what
      SYMBOLS God has assigned to it, find ALL of those symbols together at
      some place in scripture, given by an agent of God, ie His son, and
      angel, etc and read the interpretation given to it.

      Try the HARLOT of rev 17. Who does God call a harlot? The church? The
      catholic church? No, read: Isaiah 1:21, and find that word in your
      concordance and see who God calls the harlot: Read Ezekiel chapter
      sixteen, and see,

      Love you Friends,
      Robert
    • BibleProphecyOnTheWeb
      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 8, 2012
        To understand who the "other is not yet come" and "he is the eighth, and is of the seven" of Revelation 17:10-11 (below), we need to know that end-time prophecy is confronted with three separate and unique evil entities (Re.16:13 below). There is the dragon/Satan, the beast of Revelation 13:1, and the beast of Revelation 13:11.

        Re.16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon (Re.12:9, Re.20:2, Re.9:11), and out of the mouth of the beast (Re.13:1-8), and out of the mouth of the false prophet (Re.13:11-17).

        Re.17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must CONTINUE a short space (Re.13:5 below).

        Re.17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition (Re.17:8).

        Re.13:5 And there was given unto him (Re.13:1) a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to CONTINUE forty and two months (1260 days/3 ½ years).

        It is the beast of Revelation 13:1 who is "TO CONTINUE" (Re.13:5 below) along WITH the beast of Revelation 13:11 for an ADDITIONAL three and one-half years, a short space (Re.17:10 above).

        The beast of Revelation 13:1 is the "other who is not yet come, and the beast of Revelation 13:11 is "the eighth, who is of the seven" (Re.17:10-11 above).

        The beast of Revelation 13:1 is seen in the book of Daniel chapter 7 as the fourth beast/king. He is a man/king and has the number 666 (Re.13:18). At Revelation 13:1 we are witnessing the fourth beast of Daniel chapter 7 "rise up out of the sea" (Dan.7:3), "out of the earth" (Dan.7:17), out of the bottomless pit (Re.9:1-2, Re.17:8), hell.

        The beast of Revelation 13:11 is seen in the book of Daniel as the "another" "little horn/king" (Dan.7:20, Dan.7:24, Dan.7:25, Dan.8:9, Dan.8:11, Dan.8:23-25, Dan.11:36-38). He is the false prophet (Re.16:13 below, Re.19:20). He is a man/king; he will not regard the God of his fathers (Dan.11:37).

        AFTER the fourth beast/king (Dan.7:7), seen in the book of Revelation as the beast of Revelation 13:1, comes upon the world scene, "another" beast/king comes up "out of the earth" (Re.13:11, Re.11:7), as did the first four beasts/kings (Dan.7:3, Dan.7:17). He is the false prophet.

        Once the little horn/king of Daniel, the "another" beast of Revelation 13:11, sits in the temple of God showing himself that he is God (2 Thess.2:4), he is seen as the scarlet colored beast of Revelation chapter 17, who has ascended out of the bottomless pit (Re.17:8 below).

        The beasts/kings of Daniel/Revelation ALL come out of the bottomless pit. Their identities will not be known until they ascend out of the bottomless pit at the Fifth Trumpet, the First Woe (Re.9:1-2, Re.9:12).

        Satan gives these beasts/kings their power (Re.13:2, Re.13:12).

        The spiritual opening of the bottomless pit (Re.9:1-2, Isa.38:18, Ps.28:1) is in the Dead Sea upon this earth in the Spiritual realm. The Dead Sea is outside of Jerusalem, and will be outside of that great city, the holy Jerusalem (Re.21:10) in the new earth. In the new earth there is no more sea (Re.21:1). In the new earth, all those who have transgressed against God can be looked upon (Isa.66:24, Re.14:10).

        Patricia © Bible Prophecy on the Web