Hello Pat!

  • Johnny
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2004
      I hope all is well with you!
      Johnny

      STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD

      KJV 2 Peter 1:4

      . Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises:
      that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having
      escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

      The promise of Christ

      The seed of Abraham

      KJV Genesis 12:3

      And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth
      thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

      KJV Matthew 1:1

      1. The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the
      son of Abraham.

      The Savior of the World

      KJV Acts 13:33-39

      33. God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he
      hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second
      psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

      34. And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no
      more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you
      the sure mercies of David.

      35. Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer
      thine Holy One to see corruption.

      36. For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of
      God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw
      corruption:

      37. But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

      38. Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through
      this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

      39. And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from
      which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

      KJV Isaiah 53:5

      5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our
      iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his
      stripes we are healed.

      KJV Romans 5:6-9

      6. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died
      for the ungodly.

      7. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure
      for a good man some would even dare to die.

      8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet
      sinners, Christ died for us.

      9. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be
      saved from wrath through him.

      KJV Ephesians 1:3-11

      3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath
      blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in
      Christ:

      4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of
      the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in
      love:

      5. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus
      Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

      6. To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us
      accepted in the beloved.

      7. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of
      sins, according to the riches of his grace;

      8. Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

      9. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to
      his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

      10. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather
      together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and
      which are on earth; even in him:

      11. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being
      predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things
      after the counsel of his own will:

      The promise of Grace

      KJV Ephesians 2:5-8

      5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with
      Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

      6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in
      heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

      7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of
      his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

      8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
      yourselves: it is the gift of God:

      KJV Ephesians 4:7

      7. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure
      of the gift of Christ.

      KJV Titus 2:11

      11. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to
      all men,

      The Promise of Eternity

      KJV 1 John 2:24-25

      24. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the
      beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall
      remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

      25. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal
      life.

      KJV Romans 6:23

      23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal
      life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

      KJV John 10:27-28

      27. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

      28. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
      neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

      Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, which cannot lie,
      promised before the world began.

      KJV 1 John 5:11-20

      11. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life,
      and this life is in his Son.

      12. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of
      God hath not life.

      13. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of
      the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that
      ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

      14. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask
      any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

      15. And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that
      we have the petitions that we desired of him.

      16. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he
      shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto
      death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray
      for it.

      17. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

      18. We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that
      is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him
      not.

      19. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in
      wickedness.

      20. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an
      understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him
      that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God,
      and eternal life.

      HEAR THE INVITATION TO ENHERIT THE GRACE WHICH BY JESUS CHRIST, DOES
      BRING SALVATION TO ALL MENIN THAT FINAL DAY.
    • bibleprophecy_ndbpsa
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2004
        Thank you, Johnny, for sharing the Word of promise with me and our fellow members.
        We all need the constant encouragement of God's promises in these difficult days.

        Also - I want fellow members to know that I will not have access to a computer for about a week. Should be back on line by next weekend.

        Keep the faith.

        Pat (ndbpsa)