Jesus' Passion

  • Patricia
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2004
      In a sermon giving last weekend, a minister said, in affect, how
      amazing it was that on one day the multitude was so gloriously happy
      as Jesus approached Jerusalem (Jn.12:12-13 below) and that on the
      next day this multitude was crying out for Jesus' crucifixion
      (Matt.27:22-23 below)

      I believe that the multitude crying out "Hosanna" (Jn.12:13 below)
      were Jews who believed on Jesus (Jn.12:11 below) and that the
      multitude crying out for Jesus' crucifixion where a multitude who did
      not believe on Jesus as their Savior.

      Jn.12:11 Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went
      away, and believed on Jesus.

      Jn.12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the
      feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

      Jn.12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet
      him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed [is] the King of Israel that cometh
      in the name of the Lord.

      Matt.27:15 Now at [that] feast the governor was wont to release
      unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.

      Matt.27:16 And they had then a notable prisoner, called
      Barabbas.

      Matt.27:17 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate
      said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or
      Jesus which is called Christ?

      Matt.27:18 For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

      Matt.27:19 When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife
      sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man:
      for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.

      Matt.27:20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the
      multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.

      Matt.27:21 The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of
      the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.

      Matt.27:22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with
      Jesus which is called Christ? [They] all say unto him, Let him be
      crucified.

      Matt.27:23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done?
      But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.

      Matt.27:24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but
      [that] rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed [his]
      hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of
      this just person: see ye [to it].

      Matt.27:25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood
      [be] on us, and on our children.

      Matt.27:26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had
      scourged Jesus, he delivered [him] to be crucified.

      Pat (ndbpsa ©)
    • Patricia
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2004
        At a sermon I attended, a minister said, in affect, how amazing it
        was that on one day the multitude was so gloriously happy as Jesus
        approached Jerusalem (Jn.12:11-13 below) and that on the next day
        this multitude was crying out for Jesus' crucifixion (Matt.27:22-23
        below)

        I believe that the multitude crying out "Hosanna" (Jn.12:13 below)
        were Jews who believed on Jesus (Jn.12:11 below) and that the
        multitude crying out for Jesus' crucifixion where a multitude who did
        not believe on Jesus as their Savior (Matt.27:15-26 below).

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 28, 2008
          In a sermon I heard a minister say, in affect, how amazing it was
          that on one day the multitude was so gloriously happy as Jesus
          approached Jerusalem (Jn.12:11-13 below) and that on the next day
          this multitude was crying out for Jesus' crucifixion (Matt.27:22-23
          below)

          I believe that the multitude crying out "Hosanna" (Jn.12:13 below)
          were Jews who believed on Jesus (Jn.12:11 below) and that the
          multitude crying out for Jesus' crucifixion where a multitude who did
          not believe on Jesus as their Savior (Matt.27:22-23 below).

          Jn.12:11 Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away,
          and believed on Jesus (Jn.4:1-2 below).

          Jn.12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast,
          when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

          Jn.12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and
          cried, Hosanna: Blessed [is] the King of Israel that cometh in the
          name of the Lord.

          Jn.4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that
          Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

          Jn.4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

[...]

          Patricia (ndbpsa ©)
        • BibleProphecyOnTheWeb
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010
            I have heard it said how amazing it was that on one day the multitude was so gloriously happy as Jesus approached Jerusalem (Jn.12:11-13 below) and that on the next day this multitude was crying out for Jesus' crucifixion (Matt.27:22-23 below).

            I believe that the multitude crying out "Hosanna" (Jn.12:13 below) were Jews who believed on Jesus (Jn.12:11 below) and that the multitude crying out for Jesus' crucifixion the next day where a multitude who did not believe on Jesus as their Savior (Matt.27:22-23 below).

            Jn.12:11 Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus (Jn.4:1-2 below).

[...]

            Patricia ©
          • BibleProphecyOnTheWeb
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
[...]

              Bible Prophecy Bible Studies ©
              Amazon Kindle Edition 3.99
            • bibleprophecyontheweb
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 12, 2014

                I have heard it said how amazing it was that on one day the multitude was so gloriously happy as Jesus approached Jerusalem (John 12:11-13 below) and that on the next day this multitude was crying out for Jesus' crucifixion (Matt.27:22-23 below).

                I believe that the multitude crying out "Hosanna" (John 12:13 below) were Jews who believed on Jesus (John 12:11 below) and that the multitude crying out for Jesus' crucifixion the next day where a multitude who did not believe on Jesus as their Savior (Matt.27:22-23 below).

                John 12:11 Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus (John 4:1-2 below).

                John 12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

                John 12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

                John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

                John 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)