Christ Centered Daily Devotion

  • Charles Darby
    Message 1 of 301 , Aug 31 6:07 PM
      If you enjoy this, would you forward it to your friends?
      Christ Centered
      Devotion for 9/01/2005

      Let's Live a Life Of Praise Unto the Lord
      Psa 148:2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.

      Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

      Today's Verses - KJV
      Prov 20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he beg in harvest, and have nothing.

      My Comments
      Why is it, the ones who should have but don't, always make some excuse as to why it is like this with them? When they have a job, they goof off and lose it to someone who will not goof off! When it is time to work they don't feel like it. It becomes a way of life to many of these. In many we have a welfare generation of Christians. These expect someone to do for them what they should be doing for themselves. These need to grow up and shoulder their own responsibilities. A Christian worker should be the most dependable, efficient, hardest worker on the job. What we do will always prosper. Do nothing and it will prosper into more of nothing! Get busy and it will prosper into something good; assuming you are doing something good. Meditate on it.

      Prayer
      Lord God, You have made it plain, in Your Word, You never bless slothful, lazy, sluggards. Give us wisdom to shoulder our own responsibilities and become doers of what we desire to reap. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
      Read - O. Chambers Daily Devotion - http://www.christ-centered.net/Heart1.html
      Read - C. Spurgeon Morn./Even. Dev. - http://www.christ-centered.net/SperEven.html
      Read - Articles by Joanne Lowe - http://www.christ-centered.net/Jomenu.html

      Jesus Christ is Lord
      Ministry of Charles & Datha Darby
      See Purpose/Goals of This Ministry - http://www.christ-centered.net/purpose.html
    • Anne Williams
      Message 301 of 301 , Sep 4, 2007
        **Christ Centered*
        *Devotion for 9/05/2007***
        ***Let's Live A Life Of Praise Unto the Lord*
        Psa 118:28-29 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I
        will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy
        endureth for ever.
        Quoted
        James 1:14-16 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own
        lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin:
        and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved
        brethren.
        Today's Verses - KJV
        Gal 5:16-18 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil
        the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the
        Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so
        that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit,
        ye are not under the law.
        *My Comments*
        There is a battle going on inside of every one of us, especially those who
        have received Christ. The battle is the flesh against the Spirit of God that
        is within us. How do we win this battle? The way to win is to feed the one
        we want to live and starve the other! The Spirit of God feeds on the Word of
        God. The flesh feeds on its own lust. The lust of the flesh is with us all
        and before we received Christ we let the flesh rule us! Now that we have
        received the Spirit of Christ we must learn to walk in His Spirit. We can
        not walk in the Spirit and give in to the lust of our flesh at the same
        time. That is being double minded and that makes us unstable in all we do!
        How important is it that we learn to walk in the Spirit? We are all tempted
        by the lust of our flesh to sin, when we give in and let that rule our life
        we are going to die, spiritually! I believe that makes it of utmost
        importance to us. Jesus, the Word made flesh, was tempted in all things just
        as we are. He didn't give in but used the Word of God to resist the devil
        and he had to leave Him. When Jesus was tempted He thought about it and then
        gave His answer. (Just thinking about something is not a sin, it becomes sin
        when we do (or plan to do) the sin we thought about!) Jesus gave the tempter
        His answer, what is our answer when we are tempted? Meditate on it!
        *Prayer*

        *Father God, Give us Your ability to walk in truth with You.** Help us to
        understand that we can walk in the Spirit and not give in to the lust of our
        own flesh. Thank You for supplying all it takes to do it. We ask, believe
        we receive, and give thanks in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
        *

        --
        *Take time to be tender. Fragile and delicate are the feelings of most who
        seek our help. They need to sense we are there because we care not just

        Life is God's novel. Let him write it!
        *