Re: [Bi_NUS_LGBT] Who are all y'all?

  • Nabeel Hussain
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hi all,

      Finally managed to reply to this message, sorry for my
      late reply. Been reading your messages and went to one
      Bi/LGBT NUS meeting 2 years ago. Since then I gathered
      I'm less Bi and more gay. I don't know if that still
      allows me to be updated on this group.

      I'm usually making sarcastic remarks about stuff but
      as this is going to strangers, I'll hold back a little
      and try not to piss people off, just yet.

      I finished my BA Graphic Design in June 2006 from
      Wolverhampton, currently living in London study, MA
      Design Studies at UAL. I'm in the LGBT society at my
      school and we have no B's and no T's and one maybe 2
      L's the rest are all G's. I don't know what is up with
      that, or why that is?

      Anyway, I don't have much of a role in the society but
      would still like to be updated with this group. Nice
      to hear people's stories. Also, it would also be cool
      if a gathering were to take place.

      Kind regards, Happy NEW Year, Happy Easter and Happy
      BANK Holidays. (For all the ones I've missed.)
      Nabeel

      --- Grant Denkinson <grantdenkinson@...>
      wrote:

      > I don't know many of the people on this list and I
      > wondered if we could
      > (re)introduce ourselves.
      >
      > I'm Grant Denkinson. I'm in my 3rd year of a 4 year
      > Masters in
      > Integrative Psychotherapy at the Sherwood
      > Psychotherapy Training
      > Institute in Nottingham, awarded by the University
      > of Birmingham. (My
      > day job is in Physics & Astronomy at the University
      > of Leicester so I
      > hang around universities a lot!). I hear little from
      > NUS, being at a
      > satellite site. I was a student at Cambridge and
      > have worked at
      > Nottingham and London Imperial universities.
      >
      > I've been involved with the bi community for quite a
      > few years, although
      > am taking a break from most activist stuff for a
      > while. I still run the
      > East Midlands Bisexual Network email list. I'm a
      > member of Prism, the
      > LGBT forum for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
      > and am on the
      > management committee for Leicester LGB Centre. I
      > shall be at BiCon in
      > Leicester.
      >
      > "I'm Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?"
      >
      > Grant

    • redjenbird73
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
        Heya Nabeel, I think I remember you -- wasn't it at an NUS bi day in
        Birmingham with about 6 or 7 people showed up? And I think this list
        is quiet enough that we don't need to be too picky -- anyone
        interested in changing that "no bis" situation you describe welcome!

        Jen

        --- In Bi_NUS_LGBT@yahoogroups.com, Nabeel Hussain <sonick_2000@...>