You say you have an old bible

  • russi275
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10 8:58 PM
      You have an old bible that doesn't even hint of homosex. PLEASE show me the key verses! The pastors at my church refuse to see the LIGHT!!!!!
      ------------------------
      MOD Comments:

      Listen: There are only (6) "Clobber Passages" in the Bible that are generally perverted to condemn same-sex intimacy instead of the actual prohibition against AnalSex (Love works no ill,-& AnalSex is +5000% more likely to spread STD's than anything else!).

      However- you're asking to "show" you something that ISN'T THERE. Your question is like: "Show me there is no proof of aliens". The fact is that there is NO HARD PROOF for aliens - yet how many people choose to believe in them due to anecdotal stories?!?!?

      The same is true with people who want to believe that "Homo-Sex" is a "Sin". Other than bastardized versions of the Bible that have been butchered to SEEM to say that ,-- there is no textual evidence in the original texts.

      The problem you face is even BIGGER. You see, a person's entire theological understanding must be PERVERTED in order for them to buy into the tripe that "HomoSex" is a "Sin". That belief flies in the face of the largest theological themes in the Scripture --especially the NT.

      So, NO. You're NOT going to convince somebody who's spirit is wrong that their "interpretation" is flawed -- because the problem runs deeper than that.

      It reminds me of the story about the missionary who went to teach the cannibals. After spending week explaining how it was a sin to eat men, -one of the cannibals raised his hand an asked: "Is it OK to eat women, then?"

      My point is that unless you understand the big picture -- the fine points will forever elude you and your theology will be a series of rule-keeping exercises without ever "getting the main points"; -- And this is precisely where most modern-day theology is at: Hair splitting without understanding the fundamental WHYs behind the guiding principles of Scripture.

      Suggest you spend time at:
      http://g0ys.org/newthang.htm
      ...& be prepared to leave your "church" -- because they'll likely not repent of their obtuse, hateful, lie-filled theology.
    • russi275
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11 11:47 AM
        --- In Beyond_ExGay_G0YS_works@yahoogroups.com, "russi275" <russi275@...> wrote:

        > You have an old bible that doesn't even hint of homosex. PLEASE show me the key verses! The pastors at my church refuse to see the LIGHT!!!!!
        > ------------------------
        > MOD Comments:
        >
        > Listen: There are only (6) "Clobber Passages" in the Bible that are generally perverted to condemn same-sex intimacy instead of the actual prohibition against AnalSex (Love works no ill,-& AnalSex is +5000% more likely to spread STD's than anything else!).
        >
        > However- you're asking to "show" you something that ISN'T THERE. Your question is like: "Show me there is no proof of aliens". The fact is that there is NO HARD PROOF for aliens - yet how many people choose to believe in them due to anecdotal stories?!?!?
        >
        > The same is true with people who want to believe that "Homo-Sex" is a "Sin". Other than bastardized versions of the Bible that have been butchered to SEEM to say that ,-- there is no textual evidence in the original texts.
        >
        > The problem you face is even BIGGER. You see, a person's entire theological understanding must be PERVERTED in order for them to buy into the tripe that "HomoSex" is a "Sin". That belief flies in the face of the largest theological themes in the Scripture --especially the NT.
        >
        > So, NO. You're NOT going to convince somebody who's spirit is wrong that their "interpretation" is flawed -- because the problem runs deeper than that.
        >
        > It reminds me of the story about the missionary who went to teach the cannibals. After spending week explaining how it was a sin to eat men, -one of the cannibals raised his hand an asked: "Is it OK to eat women, then?"
        >
        > My point is that unless you understand the big picture -- the fine points will forever elude you and your theology will be a series of rule-keeping exercises without ever "getting the main points"; -- And this is precisely where most modern-day theology is at: Hair splitting without understanding the fundamental WHYs behind the guiding principles of Scripture.
        >
        > Suggest you spend time at:
        > http://g0ys.org/newthang.htm
        > ...& be prepared to leave your "church" -- because they'll likely not repent of their obtuse, hateful, lie-filled theology.

        oh, so the "clobber passages" in that bible, are shown, by the words that are in there, to not be clobber passages! I do believe you, i was asking could you show clips from the "non-bastardized version"? I guess even if I showed THEM, they wouldn't see it (they use circular logic!"