Re: Welcome to Beta_Unlimited

  • SkyeDeTrance@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 1999
      Hello Everyone! Here's my intro:
      Alias: Skye
      Favorite Shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Roswell, The Pretender
      Favorite writers of fanfiction: Anya (Buffy), Danielle (The Pretender), and
      Apollo's Girl (The Pretender)
      Favorite Actresses and Actors: Sarah Michelle Geller, Alyson Hannigan,
      Michael T. Weiss, Andrea Parker, and David Boreanaz
      Webaddress: none
      Do I write fanfiction?: no, not yet anyway
      Do I beta-read?: I hope to soon
      The fanfic I'll beta read: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Pretender, and
      Roswell
      The ratings of fiction I will beta read: From G to PG-13
      NOTE: I am only 13 but I have an IQ of 130+ so I'd still be a great beta
      reader.
    • L K S R
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2000
        --- Beta_Unlimited-owner@onelist.com wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Welcome to the list. Please take a moment to review
        > this message.

        > Phew! Now that, that is over with....Welcome to my
        > list. Why don't you introduce yourself.
        >
        > Name or Alias:
        Kali Sandison, it's the name I publish under

        > Fav shows:
        The Practice, Buffy, Angel, West Wing, Roswell, ER,
        Due South, Pretender (the new NBC show "The Others"
        looks promising but we'll have to wait a week and see.

        > Fav writers of fanfiction:
        Cassandra Hope, Carol Trendall, LadyAna

        > Fav actors and actresses:
        Just about anybody in the shows listed above.

        > Webpage address:
        None.

        > Do you write fanfiction?:
        Yup. You can see my work at the Due South Fiction
        Archive

        > Do you beta-read:
        I have done it once or twice. Would do it again.
        That's part of the reason I joined.

        > The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my
        > fav shows as stated above. But I can also check for
        > grammar and spelling in all other fics too! I'm
        > flexible!
        What she said.

        > The ratings of fiction you will beta read:
        G-NC17. Prefer not to do m/m slash but I will if
        you're desperate.

        =====
        "Kali Sandison"
        Kalerian@...
        Indianapolis, Indiana
        http://im.yahoo.com
      • by way of Jessica
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2000
          Name or Alias: Jessica

          Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel: The Series, Charmed, Xena,
          Hercules

          Fav writers of fanfiction: Saber Shadow Kitten, Allison (others I can't
          remember names)

          Fav actors and actresses: David Boreanaz, James Marsters, Sarah Michelle
          Gellar

          Webpage Address: <a href="http://www.crosswinds.net/~forthefans">For The
          Fans</a>
          (In Progress)

          Do you write fanfiction?: Of course

          Do you beta-read: Of course

          The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated above.

        • Summer
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2001

            Hey all,

            Just joined, so I thought I should introduce myself. I'm Summer and I've done a lot of beta reading in the past and I'd like to get back into it now that I have some time on my hands. Let's see...I watch and can effectively beta for: X-Files, Days of our Lives, One Life to Live, Dawson's Creek, Felicity, Star Wars...and I'm sure there are one or two more I'm forgetting...oh, yeah--the ultimate guilty pleasure (and I'm almost afraid to admit this, lol) but I can beta boyband fiction, too. Whew! My dirty little secret out of the closet!

            I can also do just general grammar and miscellaneous beta if anyone needs that, too. If you'd like to talk to me or have me do some beta, just drop me a line!

            Hope to hear from some of you soon! :o)

            Summer
          • Kathrin
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 21, 2002
              Hi there!

              Well, since I'm new to this list I guess I should give a short introduction.
              So here you go :o):

              Name: Kathrin (a.k.a Murron)
              Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Pretender, Angel
              Fav movies: The Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, X-Men, Crouching Tiger,
              Hidden Dragon, Gladiator ...
              Fav writers of fanfiction: so far: eretria, Diebin, Amphithea, Mara
              Greengrass and some others
              Fav actors and actresses: Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, Cate Blanchett, Seth
              Green, Alyson Hannigan ...
              Webpage address: http://www.elflingslair.de.vu
              e-mail address: elfling@...
              Do you write fanfiction?: Yup, absolutely :o).
              Are you a beta-reader?: I'm afraid no. English isn't my first language so I
              guess I wouldn't be a sufficient help.
              What else? I'm a student for English & German literature and philology. I
              spend too much time on reading, fa:r too much time on writing and a little
              too much time on movies ... the trouble is, I love all of it :o).

              Nice to meet you all

              ~Murron
              _________________________________
              "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist,
              but you have ceased to live."
              - Mark Twain
            • Lolita Luthor
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 20 3:29 PM
                Hey everyone, I'm a newbie and just introducing
                myself.

                My name's lolita, or lola...and I am looking for
                someone to beta my new smallville fic, my first fic
                ever. It's a WIP, clark/lex... Any volunteers?

                As for the other intro questions:

                fav shows: smallville, roswell, buffy, angel, gilmore
                girls, everwood, six feet under

                fav writers of fan fiction: jenn, dayspring, nymph du
                pave, Lanning....there are others, but those are the
                one's i can think of right now...

                fav actors and actresses: i love em all, but my top
                two favs would definitely have to be michael rosenbaum
                and majandra delfino

                web page address: my live journal
                http://www.livejournal.com/users/lolitaluthor

                Do I write fan fiction? Yes, I've just started..hence
                I'm joining the list cause I am new to this and
                looking for betas. Not new to reading fanfic
                though..that's my favorite addiction...

                Do I beta-read: i haven't, but I bet I'd be good at
                it. I'm a good editor...i find it easier than writing
                myself. I could beta for Smallville, Buffy, Roswell,
                Angel... And i'd read anywhere from G to NC-17, Het,
                Slash, whatever...

                That's all! Thanks!
                Lola

                --- Beta_Unlimited Moderator