Re: [Beta_Unlimited] New Member Offering to Read

  • Karen Galarneault
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2003
      --- "peppercornpalace <ignoblebard@...>"
      <ignoblebard@...> wrote:
      > I'm new to this board and would like to offer my
      > services as a
      > Beta reader. I can proofread and edit anything but
      > my favorite fics
      > are LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek TOS. If anyone out
      > there is writing
      > John Doe fanfic, I'd love to read it. I will be
      > happy to read all
      > styles and ratings and will offer suggestions for
      > story improvements
      > at the author's request. Turnaround time on stories
      > will probably be
      > at least two or three days.
      >
      > Feel free to email me if interested.
      >
      > Mike

      Mike, I got this message a while ago, but I was
      wondering if you beta read Stargate SG-1 and/or
      Highlander. I'm currently working on what amounts to
      chapter 4 of HL/SG-1 story arc that will feature a
      third fandom, in this case La Femme Nikita as
      guest-stars in the story. It's not necessary to have
      read the first pieces in the story arc in order to
      pick up with this one because in the prequel I'll make
      references to previous events from the viewpoint of
      Dr. Daniel Jackson.

      The basic premise is that the activity and existence
      of the SGC project comes to the attention of the
      Section and they at first send Michael as an
      undercover agent, later on Nikita is sent to
      assisinate one of the offficers.

      Basically, I need a beta for story flow, occassional
      run-on sentences, and grammar goofs, which I'm still
      working on.
      If you're interested, it's called "A Matter of Timing"
      and either reply or email me off list.

      Thanks and take care, Karrenia

      http://platinum.yahoo.com