new member with questions

  • Kristine beltz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2012
      Hello, all., I’m a new fan fiction writer who has several questions I hope you fine folks can answer for me in order to help make my maiden voyage into the realm of fan fiction as easy as possible.  Please forgive me if this subject matter may differ from that of other members; I only joined up two days ago.

      1. Can the writing voice (that is the way in which the story is written) be different from the way the characters speak? I tend to write in the vain of Lucy Maud Montgomery for this book; and this writing style remains with me when I try to write for any fandom such as MASH for example.

      2. How close to the characters do I need to be? If the show is comedy, must I write that way?  Have people put a comedic character in a serious situation and extracted a serious side that wasn’t exposed in the conventional show?

      3.  what happens if the outcome of your fiction comes out differently from the way in which the attendant series originally unfolded?  Do I need to classify it as an alternate ending?  Can I acknowledge this is not how the show unfolded, but the story came to my imagination, and I was excited to get it out on paper?

      ***
      Jesus may come at any time, so we should be ready all the time.