New Member Offering to Read

  • peppercornpalace <ignoblebard@hotmail.co
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2003
      I'm new to this board and would like to offer my services as a
      Beta reader. I can proofread and edit anything but my favorite fics
      are LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek TOS. If anyone out there is writing
      John Doe fanfic, I'd love to read it. I will be happy to read all
      styles and ratings and will offer suggestions for story improvements
      at the author's request. Turnaround time on stories will probably be
      at least two or three days.

      Feel free to email me if interested.

      Mike
    • Karen Galarneault
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2003
        <ignoblebard@...> wrote:
        > I'm new to this board and would like to offer my
        > services as a
        > Beta reader. I can proofread and edit anything but
        > my favorite fics
        > are LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek TOS. If anyone out
        > there is writing
        > John Doe fanfic, I'd love to read it. I will be
        > happy to read all
        > styles and ratings and will offer suggestions for
        > story improvements
        > at the author's request. Turnaround time on stories
        > will probably be
        > at least two or three days.
        >
        > Feel free to email me if interested.
        >
        > Mike

        Mike, I got this message a while ago, but I was
        wondering if you beta read Stargate SG-1 and/or
        Highlander. I'm currently working on what amounts to
        chapter 4 of HL/SG-1 story arc that will feature a
        third fandom, in this case La Femme Nikita as
        guest-stars in the story. It's not necessary to have
        read the first pieces in the story arc in order to
        pick up with this one because in the prequel I'll make
        references to previous events from the viewpoint of
        Dr. Daniel Jackson.

        The basic premise is that the activity and existence
        of the SGC project comes to the attention of the
        Section and they at first send Michael as an
        undercover agent, later on Nikita is sent to
        assisinate one of the offficers.

        Basically, I need a beta for story flow, occassional
        run-on sentences, and grammar goofs, which I'm still
        working on.
        If you're interested, it's called "A Matter of Timing"
        and either reply or email me off list.

        Thanks and take care, Karrenia

        http://platinum.yahoo.com