Returning from hiatus

  • gopher_eeyore <gopher_eeyore@yahoo.com.a
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2003
      I'm just returning for a one year hiatus due to completion of my
      final year of university. But now that that is over a have more free
      time on my hands.

      Name: Kate

      Favorite shows: Angel, Stargate, JAG, Buffy, Magnificent Seven,
      Profiler, Third Watch, CSI, West Wing, The Pretender, The Sentinel.

      Favorite actors/actresses: Carisma Carpenter, Eric Close, Ally
      Walker, Michael T Weiss, Rob Lowe

      Webpage: none.

      Fanfiction writer?: Yes. However, I don't post my works on the net.
      I write as a relaxation tool and for my own personal pleasure.

      Will you beta read?: Yes! My main beta work is with grammar,
      spelling, and style. However, I am an excellent sound board for
      writers with writers block and need some help formulating an idea
      for a story or if stuck on a story.

      Fanfiction I will beta read: All of the above shows listed in my
      favourite shows. But also SeaQuest, The Invisible Man and The Dead
      Zone. But if your looking for story consistency with a particular
      show or a particular character on a show. I am pretty knowledgeable
      and up to date with Angel, Magnificent Seven, The Pretender and
      Stargate. However I am at a slight disadvantage with those shows
      still airing. I live in Australia so I haven't seen the new seasons
      of most shows. I keep up to date with the major events that take in
      the shows through oversea email buddies and web sites.

      Ratings of fic I will read: G to NC-17, I do read slash but at the
      moment I'm only really comfortable reading F/F.

      However, my only problem is that due to the amount of shows I watch
      certain pairings of characters in shows has become entrenched in my
      brain to the point where I don't tend to read another fanfiction
      unless it has the pairings I like. However, I can overcome for most
      but some pairings I'm fanatical about. For these fandoms I well only
      read or beta theses pairings and no others.
      Angel/Buffy: Cordelia/Angel
      JAG: Harm/Mac
      Profiler: Sam/John
      West Wing: Sam Seaborn orientated fanfic

      Well, if you need a quick beta and you don't mind my fanfiction
      tunnel vision for particular shows, then I ready and waiting. I try
      to work fast, so depending on the length. I take between 3 day to a
      little over a week for longer more indepth stories. Anything over
      two weeks is considered unexceptable by me. Happy writing!!

      Kate