Re: Welcome to Beta_Unlimited

  • Get back to me on that one... <Herpetofa
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
      > Name or Alias: Jamemosalo
      >
      > Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who

      <snip>

      Hurrah--a Doctor Who reader!

      [Sharaz Jek] Welcome indeed...

      Welcome to the group--look forward to seeing some fiction.

      Alice I.W.
      ------------
      "No degree of dullness can safeguard a work against the
      determination of critics to find it fascinating.
      -Harold Rosenberg
    • missdenneaux <miss_denneaux@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
        Well I had thought of avioding this, but since reading Jamemosalos
        one I realised that wouldn't be fair!

        > Name or Alias: Nicola
        >
        > Fav shows: The Pretender,Labyrinth (It's my favourite movie so it
        deserves a say, and Jamemosalo got to put it down) Dark Angel,CSI,
        The Sopranos, A vast array of sitcoms which I'm sure don't get
        written about here, and numerous NZ programmes that nobody would of
        heard of.
        > Fav writers of fanfiction: We would be here all day if you got me
        started on that one. I'll read anything with a good storyline
        > Fav actors and actresses: Andrea Parker and the cast of The
        Pretender, Caroline Quenton, Dawn French,Oliver Driver, Joanna
        Lumley, The guys of
        'The Panel" etc etc
        > Webpage address: Nil
        >Do you write fanfiction?: Nothing I've had the guts to put online.
        Lots of Ideas though
        >Do you beta-read: I'd like to give it a try
        >The fanfiction you will beta read: The stuff on my favourite shows
        list I guess preferably The Pretender because thats the one I know
        the most about
        >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Any, but if you send me
        some vulgar NC-17 (or whatever the rating is) it may come back a PG
        lol
        > Credentials: Not many (Im only seventeen and have just in the
        school holidays that follow sixth form). I have school certificate
        (seventy something percent in English, Science, Math, Economics and
        Agriculture, Im sure that will come in handy!!) And Sixth form
        certificate (too much to write and more than you want to know) I was
        third in my school for English and would like to Beta read to touch
        up my skills cause all we get to work with is shakespeare *yawn*
        So there you go my credentials are that I can read and write, cudos
        for me!!!
        HAPPY NEW YEAR
        Nicola
      • oviaukko
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2005
          so, i've already asked people to beta for me but since the welcome
          message included a request for an introduction, here you go.

          ~~~

          Name or Alias: Heidi (aka. Hazel or oviaukko)

          Fav shows/movies: the Island, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the
          Caribbean, Queer as Folk, Lost, Star Wars, Brokeback Mountain, OC,
          Fight Club, Moulin Rouge, ...tbc?

          Fav writers of fanfiction: Oh, there are many. <lj user=tuuli1109>,
          <lj user=monchy>, <lj user=bahama_breeze77> to mention a few writers
          of the last few fics i've read.

          Fav actors and actresses: Orlando Bloom (don't say it...), Viggo
          Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson, Keira
          Knightley, Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boid, Liv Tyler, Johnny Depp,
          Elijah Wood, Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, Goran Visnjic, Dermot
          Mulroney, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Colin Firth, ....that's not
          even 1/10th!

          Webpage address: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oviaukko/

          Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Have not in a year or so but now
          starting again. All my fics can be found here:
          http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=oviaukko&keyword=fics&filter=all

          Do you beta-read: Have betad for a friend, mainly just giving my
          opinion on the fic and some suggestions as to the plot. Am currently
          too busy with life and own fics to even beta for her, sorry.

          Hope we all have a blast. *G*

          love,heidi

          --
          "What is an ev0l giraffe anyway? I will eat all the leaves on this tree..."
          ~Eddie Izzard
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 19, 2005
            Welcome to my list. Why don't you introduce yourself. Here's just a
            guideline and my intro.

            > Name or Alias: Sondra
            >
            > Fav shows: Highlander, Battlestar Galactica 2003, and whatever strikes my
            > fancy at the moment.
            >
            > Fav writers of fanfiction: don't have any at the moment
            >
            > Fav actors and actresses: um, don't watch that much tv, maybe Peter
            > Wingfield. . .
            >
            > Webpage address: None.
            >
            > Do you write fanfiction?: Of course
            >
            > Do you beta-read: Of course.
            >
            > The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated
            > above. But I can also check for grammar and spelling in all other fics
            > too! I'm flexible! I will not beta slash (sorry, that's just not my cup
            > o'tea fellas)
            >
            > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to NC-17

          • sweetkitty
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 12, 2006
              Name or Alias: sweetkitty

              Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angle, Bones, the
              Pretender, Highlander(both), The Sentinel, on occasion
              the Dead Zone, Queer As Folk, 4400 and any show that
              catchs my fancy.

              Fav writers of fanfiction: A lot to name

              Webpage address: have one, but not up yet

              Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, and I've posted.

              I write gen, slash, and crossovers.

              Do you beta-read: No