Re: Welcome to Beta_Unlimited

  • Jamemosalo Giles
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 30, 2002
      Hello, everyone!

      I've been asked to do a brief introduction of myself, so here goes! :-)

      Name or Alias: Jamemosalo

      Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who, Beauty and the
      Beast (Vincent/Catherine), Forever Knight, Labyrinth (yeah, it's a movie,
      not a show, but still), Anita Blake (OK, so, again not a show, but *still*).

      >Fav writers of fanfiction: Too many to list!

      >Fav actors and actresses: Anthony Head, James Marsters, Peter Wingfield,
      >Roger Daltrey (i.e., Hugh Fitzcairn/Highlander), Amber Benson, Paul McGann,
      >Elijah Wood, Liv Tyler, Salma Hayek; many, many more...

      Webpage address: None (yet). I'm *trying*. :-) But it's been *years*
      since I attempted HTML...

      >Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but nothing's ready to post yet.

      >Do you beta-read: I've been known to. I'd like to do more of it.

      >The fanfiction you will beta read: Preferably BTVS, HL, or Doctor Who. I
      >will spellcheck and help with grammar on any.

      >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: I really prefer G or PG, but
      >would do a PG-13. I like angst! Please, *no* slash, R, or NC-17.

      Credentials: B.F.A. in Creative Writing, M.L.I.S. in Library Science, 2
      self-published "creative non-fiction" books (lesson the first: NEVER get
      sucked into subsidy publishing! Blearg. Thus speaks the voice of bitter
      experience.) 2 SF/F novels making the rounds to publishers and through
      revision. 1 short story, "Why the Doctor is Fond of Cats", due to be
      published in the upcoming "The Cat Who Walked Through Time II" (Doctor Who
      fanzine-for-charity) (release date TBA).

      Thanks for letting me on-list, and I hope to be in contact with some of you
      soon!

      Take care,
      Jamemosalo

      STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*.
      http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf
    • Get back to me on that one... <Herpetofa
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
        > Name or Alias: Jamemosalo
        >
        > Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who

        <snip>

        Hurrah--a Doctor Who reader!

        [Sharaz Jek] Welcome indeed...

        Welcome to the group--look forward to seeing some fiction.

        Alice I.W.
        ------------
        "No degree of dullness can safeguard a work against the
        determination of critics to find it fascinating.
        -Harold Rosenberg
      • missdenneaux <miss_denneaux@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
          Well I had thought of avioding this, but since reading Jamemosalos
          one I realised that wouldn't be fair!

          > Name or Alias: Nicola
          >
          > Fav shows: The Pretender,Labyrinth (It's my favourite movie so it
          deserves a say, and Jamemosalo got to put it down) Dark Angel,CSI,
          The Sopranos, A vast array of sitcoms which I'm sure don't get
          written about here, and numerous NZ programmes that nobody would of
          heard of.
          > Fav writers of fanfiction: We would be here all day if you got me
          started on that one. I'll read anything with a good storyline
          > Fav actors and actresses: Andrea Parker and the cast of The
          Pretender, Caroline Quenton, Dawn French,Oliver Driver, Joanna
          Lumley, The guys of
          'The Panel" etc etc
          > Webpage address: Nil
          >Do you write fanfiction?: Nothing I've had the guts to put online.
          Lots of Ideas though
          >Do you beta-read: I'd like to give it a try
          >The fanfiction you will beta read: The stuff on my favourite shows
          list I guess preferably The Pretender because thats the one I know
          the most about
          >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Any, but if you send me
          some vulgar NC-17 (or whatever the rating is) it may come back a PG
          lol
          > Credentials: Not many (Im only seventeen and have just in the
          school holidays that follow sixth form). I have school certificate
          (seventy something percent in English, Science, Math, Economics and
          Agriculture, Im sure that will come in handy!!) And Sixth form
          certificate (too much to write and more than you want to know) I was
          third in my school for English and would like to Beta read to touch
          up my skills cause all we get to work with is shakespeare *yawn*
          So there you go my credentials are that I can read and write, cudos
          for me!!!
          HAPPY NEW YEAR
          Nicola
        • oviaukko
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2005
            so, i've already asked people to beta for me but since the welcome
            message included a request for an introduction, here you go.

            ~~~

            Name or Alias: Heidi (aka. Hazel or oviaukko)

            Fav shows/movies: the Island, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the
            Caribbean, Queer as Folk, Lost, Star Wars, Brokeback Mountain, OC,
            Fight Club, Moulin Rouge, ...tbc?

            Fav writers of fanfiction: Oh, there are many. <lj user=tuuli1109>,
            <lj user=monchy>, <lj user=bahama_breeze77> to mention a few writers
            of the last few fics i've read.

            Fav actors and actresses: Orlando Bloom (don't say it...), Viggo
            Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson, Keira
            Knightley, Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boid, Liv Tyler, Johnny Depp,
            Elijah Wood, Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, Goran Visnjic, Dermot
            Mulroney, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Colin Firth, ....that's not
            even 1/10th!

            Webpage address: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oviaukko/

            Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Have not in a year or so but now
            starting again. All my fics can be found here:
            http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=oviaukko&keyword=fics&filter=all

            Do you beta-read: Have betad for a friend, mainly just giving my
            opinion on the fic and some suggestions as to the plot. Am currently
            too busy with life and own fics to even beta for her, sorry.

            Hope we all have a blast. *G*

            love,heidi

            --
            "What is an ev0l giraffe anyway? I will eat all the leaves on this tree..."
            ~Eddie Izzard
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 19, 2005
              Welcome to my list. Why don't you introduce yourself. Here's just a
              guideline and my intro.

              > Name or Alias: Sondra
              >
              > Fav shows: Highlander, Battlestar Galactica 2003, and whatever strikes my
              > fancy at the moment.
              >
              > Fav writers of fanfiction: don't have any at the moment
              >
              > Fav actors and actresses: um, don't watch that much tv, maybe Peter
              > Wingfield. . .
              >
              > Webpage address: None.
              >
              > Do you write fanfiction?: Of course
              >
              > Do you beta-read: Of course.
              >
              > The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated
              > above. But I can also check for grammar and spelling in all other fics
              > too! I'm flexible! I will not beta slash (sorry, that's just not my cup
              > o'tea fellas)
              >
              > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to NC-17

            • sweetkitty
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 12, 2006
                Name or Alias: sweetkitty

                Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angle, Bones, the
                Pretender, Highlander(both), The Sentinel, on occasion
                the Dead Zone, Queer As Folk, 4400 and any show that
                catchs my fancy.

                Fav writers of fanfiction: A lot to name

                Webpage address: have one, but not up yet

                Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, and I've posted.

                I write gen, slash, and crossovers.

                Do you beta-read: No