Introduction

  • MJG@sleepmail.org
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 21, 1999
      Hi
      I'm new to the list. My name is MJ Gage. I've been reading fanfic for about a
      year and recently worked up the guts to post a story. I'm desperate for a beta
      reader. So far I concintrating on Oz fiction. I write slash, but tend to stay
      away from graphic discriptions of violence or sex. So I'd guess a PG or an R
      rating for most of my stuff. I'm more then a little dislexic so my spelling and
      grammer sometimes appear off worldly. Keeping that in mind, I'll willing Beta
      for anyone interested. I read almost all slash fanfic, with the exception of
      Star Wars.

      If your available and would be amible to Betaing please let me know.
      Thanks
      MJ
    • Jennifer Campbell
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 18 6:53 PM
        Hi, everyone,
        Here's all my requested info:

        Name: Jennifer Campbell

        Fav shows: Highlander, Xena, Angel, Buffy, Sliders

        Fav fic writers: Eng, MacGeorge, Maygra, Nancy Lorenz, DharmaBum

        Fav actors and actresses: Peter Wingfield, David Boreanaz, James Marsters,
        Ted Raimi, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Bruce Campbell

        Do I write fanfiction: All the time. :0) My stories are at
        http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/trailer/1906/methos.html and
        http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/trailer/1906/joxer.html.

        Do I beta-read: Yep.

        Fanfiction I'll beta: Any and all from the fandoms I'm familiar with. I'm
        much better with grammar and proofing than in helping with plot.

        Ratings of fiction I'll read: G to NC-17

        Jennifer, who's now going to work on a beta request ...
      • De Orakle
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 4 8:29 PM
          Hullo, my name is Robin and I'm a fanficaholic *g* I've been writing
          fanfic for nearly 8 years, but I've only recently started working with beta
          readers. I've found that it makes me much happier with the end result, and
          cuts down on the embarrassing mistakes that I always seem to find after I
          post a story ;)

          Name or Alias: De Orakle

          Fav shows: Magnificent Seven, Angel, Star Trek, Once a Thief, Due South

          Fav writers of fanfiction: To name a very few - Deanna, Mona Ramsey, Lumina,
          Khirsah, Jane St.Clair, James...

          Webpage address: (coming soon) www.squidge.org/~de_orakle

          Do you write fanfiction?: Quite a bit, in quite a few fandoms.

          Do you beta-read: Unfortunately, I have enough problems working with my own
          writing ;)

        • Janice Cox
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 27, 2001
            Name or Alias: Janice Cox (jancox @ mediaone.net)

            Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Forever Knight, Poltergeist the
            Legacy, Wizards and Warriors, Dark Angel, Highlander, Ultraviolet

            Webpage address: www.coxwebs.net/jancox

            Do you write fanfiction?: You betcha. Mostly supernatural/fantasy
            stuff, but I'm trying to branch out. I hope to write professionally
            one of these days.

            Do you beta-read: Sure! I'd love to swap beta for beta, but am happy
            to help out anyone who honestly wants to improve. I'm good with plot
            details and action sequences, but not an English professor by any
            means.

            The fanfiction you will beta read: any of the shows listed above, and
            many others of SF/fantasy--please contact me for details. No anime or
            Harry Potter.

            I'm looking for a Forever Knight and/or Poltergeist the Legacy beta
            reader. Glad to have found you guys!

            Janice
          • Jo Lee
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 20, 2002
              Name or Alias: Amaltheia

              Fav shows: BVTS, West Wing, Angel, Mutant X, SG1, Smallville, Waking
              the Dead, Scrubs, Yes (Prime) Minister, Coupling, Star Trek in all
              it's forms, Bear in the Big Blue House, The Tweenies

              Fav writers of fanfiction: Minisinoo, Perri Smith, Nomad, Yatzee,
              Rheanna, Pixelvixen, Rho Sen & Jo and many many more.

              Fav actors and actresses: Anthony Stewart Head.

              Webpage address: http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=26781

              Do you write fanfiction?: Yep. See above

              Do you beta-read: If someone asks nicely.

              The fanfiction you will beta read: Any of my shows and probably
              others.

              The ratings of fiction you will beta read: There's nothing I
              catagorically wouldn't read. Ask me, I can only say no.
            • El-Nhuilna Circle
              Message 6 of 18 , May 8, 2003

                Name or Alias: El-Nhuilna
                Fav shows: Sentinel, Sailormoon, fantasy genres (RA Salvatore!)

                Fav writers of fanfiction: Alyjude (Sentinel), Candy Apple (Sentinel), Moonchild Abigail (Sailormoon), Himeko (Sailormoon), Scribe (various fandoms)

                Fav actors and actresses: Garrett Maggart, Richard Burgi, Drew Barrymore, Fann Wong

                Webpage address: None.

                Do you write fanfiction?: Sure.

                Do you beta-read: Nope.  I don't feel I have enough knowledge on my hands to make a good beta reader yet.  someday, though!

                The fanfiction you will beta read: If asked, I would beta read for The Sentinel and Sailor Moon fanfics

                The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to R

                ^ - ^  I hope to meet lots of good people on this list, and hopefully get a lot done with the help of all of you out there.

              • birdy2912
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003
                  Hi! I'm aj's girl.

                  Currently, I'm interested in X-men fiction, both comicverse and
                  movieverse.

                  My two favorite X-Men Fan Fiction Writers are Blu and Minisinoo

                  Current favorite X-Men characters: Wolverine and Sabretooth
                  All time favorite: Hank McCoy

                  Favorite actor of all time: Sir Ian McKellen.
                  Sexiest actor of all time: Hugh Jackman

                  Webpage address: None.

                  Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Currently working on a fanfiction
                  inspired by Frank Tieri's "Weapon X."

                  Do you beta-read: Yes. However, at the moment, I'd be more
                  interested in beta-reading any X-Men stories that are not exclusively
                  romantic. Will do all ratings, G-NC17. Not at all put off by
                  slash. Can do a basic check for grammar and spelling, or if there is
                  a mutual interest, more in-depth editorial work. I'm trained. :-)
                • Kali Sandison
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003

                    <<All time favorite: Hank McCoy>>

                    Woo Hoo!  Somebody else who likes Hank!  So nice to hear I'm not the only one.  Is your fic archived some place where we can read it?

                    Kali Sandison, Kalerian@...
                    "Mistress Kali"
                    IRB--Anubis
                    Provisional keeper of the pickles and asiago cheese in the Vecchio fridge in RWoB
                    "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                  • birdy2912
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003
                      --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, Kali Sandison <kalerian@y...>
                      wrote:

                      > <<All time favorite: Hank McCoy>>
                      >
                      > Woo Hoo! Somebody else who likes Hank! So nice to hear I'm not
                      the only one. Is your fic archived some place where we can read it?

                      > Kali Sandison, Kalerian@y...
                      > "Mistress Kali"
                      > IRB--Anubis
                      > Provisional keeper of the pickles and asiago cheese in the Vecchio
                      fridge in RWoB
                      > "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none
                      to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

                      > ---------------------------------
                      -- Hi, Kali. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow fan of the popular,
                      ever lovin', ever bouncing Beast!

                      Unfortunately, I haven't written any Beast fics, not yet anyway.
                      Right now, I'm working on my first fan fiction, a Weapon X story
                      featuring Sabretooth, Agent Jackson and Wild Child. (as far as my
                      editing skills go, I have been writing short stories for a number of
                      years, just not fan fiction.)

                      When I'm finished with my Weapon X story, I'll be asking for a
                      beta...should be in a couple of weeks. So, if you interested, let me
                      know. I'll be free then to beta read, as well.

                      Hmm...got to think of a good plot for Hank.

                      Sharon T.
                    • ladyamothea
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 24, 2003
                        Online name: Amothea

                        Fav shows: stargate SG-1, Farscape, Buffy, Angel, Smallville,
                        Highlander, X-Files (not the last 3 seasons of it), and Star Trek.

                        Fav writers of fanfiction: too many to list

                        Fav actors and actresses: Josh Hartnet, Eliza Dushku, and Collin
                        Farrel

                        Webpage address: http://amothea.slashcity.com/

                        Do you write fanfiction?: Yes

                        Do you beta-read: Yes, but not for many people.

                        The fanfiction you will beta read: Just about anything that sounds
                        interesting.

                        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: R-NC-17 I'm not a big fan
                        of G rated stories and avoid them like the plague.
                      • RedYume@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 16, 2003
                          Name or Alias: Ari

                          Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu Yasha, Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an anime fan walks among you).

                          Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS Friedman, Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.

                          Fav actors and actresses: None

                          Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume

                          Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.

                          Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other Otaku out there in need of a beta?

                          The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section. I'll beta read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm familiar with. Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar as well.

                          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the ladder! Up to NC-17
                        • Emily Vitori
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
                            Greetings!

                            I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
                            He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
                            Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
                            were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
                            mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
                            Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
                            guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

                            Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
                            Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
                            reader. ;)

                            Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

                            Nice to meet you! :)

                            -Syreene aka Emily

                            --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
                            > Name or Alias: Ari
                            >
                            > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
                            Yasha,
                            > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
                            anime fan walks
                            > among you).
                            >
                            > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
                            Friedman,
                            > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
                            >
                            > Fav actors and actresses: None
                            >
                            > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
                            >
                            > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
                            >
                            > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
                            Otaku out
                            > there in need of a beta?
                            >
                            > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
                            I'll beta
                            > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
                            familiar with.
                            > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
                            as well.

                            > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
                            ladder! Up to
                            > NC-17
                          • Cari Westbrook
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
                              Okay, though I usually berate myself afterwards for actually speaking, I must say that I have one of the Magic Kingdom for Sale books and must ask if it's good. Though I have tried reading it, I only got a little ways into it b/c of other books that came out (namely Harry Potter). I'm not saying it's bad, but I just wanted to know. Oh, and I'm a big Animae fan, too. I love Fushugi Yugi, Gundam Wing, Inu Yasha, Vampire Hunter D, Chobits, Ranma 1/2 and almost anything else that's discussed in dear old Animae Club.

                              Emily Vitori <syreene@...> wrote:
                              Greetings!

                              I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
                              He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
                              Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
                              were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
                              mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
                              Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
                              guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

                              Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
                              Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
                              reader. ;)

                              Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

                              Nice to meet you! :)

                              -Syreene aka Emily

                              --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
                              > Name or Alias: Ari
                              >
                              > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
                              Yasha,
                              > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
                              anime fan walks
                              > among you).
                              >
                              > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
                              Friedman,
                              > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
                              >
                              > Fav actors and actresses: None
                              >
                              > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
                              >
                              > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
                              >
                              > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
                              Otaku out
                              > there in need of a beta?
                              >
                              > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
                              I'll beta
                              > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
                              familiar with.
                              > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
                              as well.

                              > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
                              ladder! Up to
                              > NC-17

                              Do you Yahoo!?
                            • Marilyn Marsh
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
                                Hi, thought I would just put my info out there. My name is Myrrhlynn
                                and I LOVE fanfiction. I personally think it is some of the most
                                creative stuff out there. Love reading it, just to see where people
                                will go with some of my favorite stories. Anyway, I joined because,
                                well, I just started my first year in collage after being out of
                                school for 17 years, Yes, I'm that old, and I am majoring in writing.
                                I have edited several other pieces of fic just for fun and I thought
                                I would put myself out as a beta reader and actually try to help
                                someone out. Also, I hope to work up some cahona's to put out some of
                                my own work. I have put out some of my fanfic poetry before, just not
                                my stories.
                                So, I am a Babyloin 5 fan, CSI( any of them), Law & Order, The Sheild
                                (I absolutly LOVE Michael Chiklis!!!) Buffy, Charmed, Smallville,
                                Nip/Tuck, Forever Knight, Movies and books, I'm a vampire/ fantasy
                                chick. I really like well written adult or slash fic. Erotica rocks!!
                                And I have done some filking in the past. I might post my Forever
                                knight filk I did and am quite proud of. It took me almost a year to
                                write it, but I am really happy how it turned out. I have a Babylon 5
                                filk I started awhile ago, but have been quite stuck.
                                So, if anyone would like my input or help, I'm out here.

                                Myrrhlynn
                              • marimc25
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 5, 2006
                                  Name or Alias: Maryilee

                                  Fav shows: Early Edition, Quantum Leap, Grey's Anatomy, Emergency and
                                  House.

                                  Fav writers of fanfiction: peregrin anna, inkling

                                  Fav actors and actresses: Kyle Chandler,

                                  Webpage address: None.

                                  Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, I wrote my first fanfic in about 1997

                                  Do you beta-read: I have, but not for quite awhile. I took about six
                                  years off to have another child. ;-)

                                  The fanfiction you will beta read: I can read stuff from Emergency,
                                  House, Early Edition and Quantum Leap.

                                  The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Doesn't matter, but I'm
                                  not interested in beta reading slash fic. Just not my cup of tea. ;-)
                                • Lissie Girl
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 17, 2007
                                    Hey, new member here.  Just joined.

                                    Name or Alias: BehrBeMine

                                    Fav shows: 'Everwood', 'Gilmore Girls', 'Dawson's Creek', 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', 'Angel', 'Veronica Mars', 'Supernatural', 'Smallville', '7th Heaven', 'Felicity'...  Fandom whore?  That's me.

                                    Fav writers of fanfiction: Anyone who constructs something beautiful.  Also, Aurora, Elaida, SexyMermaid...

                                    Fav actors and actresses: Elijah Wood <3, Emily VanCamp, Gregory Smith, Orlando Bloom, Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Joshua Jackson, Katie Holmes, Alexis Bledel, Jared Padalecki, Chad Michael Murray.  Oh, just make me stop.

                                    Webpage address: http://www.behrbemine.com/solemn/

                                    Do you write fanfiction?: Oh, yes.  I have several archives, but the one listed above is for my fic alone.

                                    Do you beta-read: I have very often in the past.  I'm having to take a break from it at the current time due to an illness.  But I want to have my information posted here for when I am able to jump back into it, for I enjoy doing it.

                                    The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.  And I'm also into other fandoms, as well, such as Real People Fic -- LOTR Cast, Figure Skaters, Boy Bands; and I enjoy fanfiction based on books, as well.  My spectrum is very wide.  And I'm also open to exploring new fandoms that I have yet to touch, willing to check the spelling and grammar, anything that I can.  I love to help.

                                    The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                                    Elise
                                    - -
                                    "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.  Be brave.  Live.  For me."
                                    -- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
                                    - -
                                    http://www.behrbemine.com/
                                  • littlebell1984
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 19, 2007
                                      Hey,
                                      I´m new to this group an like to introduce myself.

                                      Name or Alias: littlebell1984

                                      Fav shows: JAG, Stargate, Buffy, X-Files

                                      Fav writers of fanfiction: I have so many..

                                      Fav actors and actresses: Cathrine Bell, David James Elliott, Teryl
                                      Rothery, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Richard Dean Anderson...

                                      Webpage address: Don´t have one

                                      Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. I write in German, but i try to write
                                      in english.

                                      Do you beta-read: Don´t think, that my Grammer is good enough for
                                      that. But if you have some German fics, i´m willing to try. I can
                                      also help if someone want translating fics into German.

                                      The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.

                                      The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                                      Littlebell1984