Re: [Beta_Unlimited] in need of beta reader?

  • Karen Galarneault
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 18, 2002
      Hi there:

      I read through your info on the kinds the variety
      of fandoms that you read for, and I was just
      wondering which anime shows that you're familar
      with.
      I have a few preliminary ideas in the works for
      a Robotech story and possible response to story
      challenge written in the Ronin Warriors universe.
      Still very much in development, but when I actually
      get around to them..
      The first in is part of the second story arc
      Southern Cross: It's tentativel called "Phantoms"
      The second is called "Green Eyed Monsters".

      I'm still working on a few sequels to other stories
      and a few crossovers, so it may be a while, but
      if you're interested please email me back.

      Thanks, Karrenia

      --- dim_genesis <dim@...> wrote:

      > Hi there.
      >
      > I beta most kind of stories, any ratings from G to
      > NC-17, and both
      > slash and/or het. The only fics I will not beta are
      > with rape,
      > bastardisation of characters that are not supposed
      > to be evil and
      > real person slash.
      >
      > Fandoms I'm good at: (TV) any Chris Carter, Roswell,
      > Buffy, Angel,
      > any David E. Kelley, any Law & Order, CSI,
      > Smallville, As If... and
      > many many others from late 80's to nowadays, just
      > ask me and I'll
      > probably know it. No Star Trek, JAG or Sentinel,
      > please. (Others)
      > Most non-Blockbuster movies (except for Lord of The
      > Rings since I
      > know the books very well), european and indie movies
      > too. And if
      > you're multi-fandom, I also beta for animes and
      > cartoons.
      >
      > Canon or odd pairings are okay. I'm not easily
      > squicked, but mention
      > the pairing (if any) before sending the fic just to
      > make sure (as in,
      > no Angel/Cord, thanks).
      >
      > What I offer help with: characterisation,
      > continuity, flow, pacing,
      > spotting and solving plot-holes, character
      > development, grammar,
      > finding directions to stuck points. Good knowledge
      > in History and
      > sociology, if that's needed. I'm a nit-picker and
      > I'm not afraid of
      > telling when something is not working, so don't
      > expect simple thumbs
      > up and ego massage, because I'll give constructive
      > criticism. But
      > I'm also very friendly and willing to help, so don't
      > be scared. =)
      >
      > If you are interested, mail me at "dim @ dimgenesis
      > . com" (sans
      > spaces) and let's get to work. :D
      >

      > Peace, Love, Unity, Respect,
      > Dim Genesis
      >
      > ~ http://dimgenesis.com

      Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
      http://news.yahoo.com
    • Dim Genesis
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 18, 2002
        Hiya,

        > I was just wondering which anime shows that you're familar with.

        Oh boy. ^_^ Saint Seiya, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing,
        Weiss Kreuz, Card Captor Sakura, F.A.K.E., Corrector Yuy, Sailor
        Moon, Love Hina, Evangelion, Ai no Kusabi, Cowboy Bebop, Ah My
        Goddess, Tokyo Babylon and X/1999, Rayearth, Kizuna,Rurouni Kenshin,
        Fushigi Yuugi, Aeon Flux, Utena, Gravitation, Shinzo... I'm sure I'm
        forgetting a huge lot of them, and that's just for japanese
        animation. ^^0

        Anyway, I can help you with the Ronin Warriors fic, no problem. The
        other one I'm not sure I stand enough cannon ground to watch for
        characterisation and such but, if all you're looking for is grammar
        reading, I can beta that one too.

        Mail me at "dim @ dimgenesis . com" (sans spaces), please. =)

        Peace, Love, Unity, Respect,
        Dim Genesis

        ~ http://dimgenesis.com
      • LuckyCharm2410@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 18, 2002
          HI all, there was someone who offered to beta a X-Files story and they went
          by the name starrymimi777, I've tried e-mailing her, but the mail keeps
          coming back if this is you or you know who she is can you let me know?
          Thanks, Sally