Re: [Beta_Unlimited] in need of beta reader?

  • Sabine Schmidt
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2002

      HI D.G.

      it wasn't in your list but at the moment I'm writing a Xena: Warrior Princess-story. English isn't my first language, so I would be grateful for any and all help.

      Are you interested?

      romansilence

        dim_genesis <dim@...> hat geschrieben:

      Hi there.

      I beta most kind of stories, any ratings from G to NC-17, and both
      slash and/or het. The only fics I will not beta are with rape,
      bastardisation of characters that are not supposed to be evil and
      real person slash.

      Fandoms I'm good at: (TV) any Chris Carter, Roswell, Buffy, Angel,
      any David E. Kelley, any Law & Order, CSI, Smallville, As If... and
      many many others from late 80's to nowadays, just ask me and I'll
      probably know it. No Star Trek, JAG or Sentinel, please. (Others)
      Most non-Blockbuster movies (except for Lord of The Rings since I
      know the books very well), european and indie movies too. And if
      you're multi-fandom, I also beta for animes and cartoons.

      Canon or odd pairings are okay. I'm not easily squicked, but mention
      the pairing (if any) before sending the fic just to make sure (as in,
      no Angel/Cord, thanks).

      What I offer help with: characterisation, continuity, flow, pacing,
      spotting and solving plot-holes, character development, grammar,
      finding directions to stuck points. Good knowledge in History and
      sociology, if that's needed. I'm a nit-picker and I'm not afraid of
      telling when something is not working, so don't expect simple thumbs
      up and ego massage, because I'll give  constructive criticism. But
      I'm also very friendly and willing to help, so don't be scared. =)

      If you are interested, mail me at "dim @ dimgenesis . com" (sans
      spaces) and let's get to work. :D

      Peace, Love, Unity, Respect,
      Dim Genesis

      ~ http://dimgenesis.com

      Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de.
      Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de.

    • Dim Genesis
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2002
        Hello

        Yes, I'd like to do it, no problem. Write me privately at "dim @
        dimgenesis . com" (sans space) for details, then just send the fic
        over. =)

        Peace, Love, Unity, Respect
        Dim Genesis
        = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

        --- In Beta_Unlimited@y..., Sabine Schmidt <romansilence@y...> wrote:

        > HI D.G.
        > it wasn't in your list but at the moment I'm writing a Xena:
        Warrior Princess-story. English isn't my first language, so I would
        be grateful for any and all help.
        > Are you interested?
        > romansilence
      • Sabine Schmidt
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2002

          Hello,

          thanks for your offer.

          The story I'm writing is a Conqueror-story, sort of. Xena is the uncontested ruler of Greece and Rome but she isn't a heartless and bloodthirsty killer. She's rather weary of ruling and on her way to redemption. The first steps lead her and Gabrielle to the Amazon nation where Melosa is queen. Xena tries to atone for her past history with the Amazons, notably for killing Queen Cyane, and there will be a trial held to determine about her future.

          The story containes some scenes of rather graphic consensual sex between adult women and allusion to non-consensual sex, rape and child abuse. There also is some violence.

          The first six chapters are done and there will be about two more to go. Sorry, it's a long story.

          I really hope I didn't scare you away.

          romansilence

            Dim Genesis <dim@...> hat geschrieben:

          Hello

          Yes, I'd like to do it, no problem. Write me privately at "dim @
          dimgenesis . com" (sans space) for details, then just send the fic
          over. =)

          Peace, Love, Unity, Respect
          Dim Genesis
          = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

          --- In Beta_Unlimited@y..., Sabine Schmidt <romansilence@y...> wrote:

          >  HI D.G.
          > it wasn't in your list but at the moment I'm writing a Xena:
          Warrior Princess-story. English isn't my first language, so I would
          be grateful for any and all help.
          > Are you interested?
          > romansilence

          Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de.
          Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de.

        • Karen Galarneault
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 18, 2002
            Hi there:

            I read through your info on the kinds the variety
            of fandoms that you read for, and I was just
            wondering which anime shows that you're familar
            with.
            I have a few preliminary ideas in the works for
            a Robotech story and possible response to story
            challenge written in the Ronin Warriors universe.
            Still very much in development, but when I actually
            get around to them..
            The first in is part of the second story arc
            Southern Cross: It's tentativel called "Phantoms"
            The second is called "Green Eyed Monsters".

            I'm still working on a few sequels to other stories
            and a few crossovers, so it may be a while, but
            if you're interested please email me back.

            Thanks, Karrenia

            --- dim_genesis <dim@...> wrote:

            > Hi there.
            >
            > I beta most kind of stories, any ratings from G to
            > NC-17, and both
            > slash and/or het. The only fics I will not beta are
            > with rape,
            > bastardisation of characters that are not supposed
            > to be evil and
            > real person slash.
            >
            > Fandoms I'm good at: (TV) any Chris Carter, Roswell,
            > Buffy, Angel,
            > any David E. Kelley, any Law & Order, CSI,
            > Smallville, As If... and
            > many many others from late 80's to nowadays, just
            > ask me and I'll
            > probably know it. No Star Trek, JAG or Sentinel,
            > please. (Others)
            > Most non-Blockbuster movies (except for Lord of The
            > Rings since I
            > know the books very well), european and indie movies
            > too. And if
            > you're multi-fandom, I also beta for animes and
            > cartoons.
            >
            > Canon or odd pairings are okay. I'm not easily
            > squicked, but mention
            > the pairing (if any) before sending the fic just to
            > make sure (as in,
            > no Angel/Cord, thanks).
            >
            > What I offer help with: characterisation,
            > continuity, flow, pacing,
            > spotting and solving plot-holes, character
            > development, grammar,
            > finding directions to stuck points. Good knowledge
            > in History and
            > sociology, if that's needed. I'm a nit-picker and
            > I'm not afraid of
            > telling when something is not working, so don't
            > expect simple thumbs
            > up and ego massage, because I'll give constructive
            > criticism. But
            > I'm also very friendly and willing to help, so don't
            > be scared. =)
            >
            > If you are interested, mail me at "dim @ dimgenesis
            > . com" (sans
            > spaces) and let's get to work. :D
            >

            > Peace, Love, Unity, Respect,
            > Dim Genesis
            >
            > ~ http://dimgenesis.com

            Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
            http://news.yahoo.com
          • Dim Genesis
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 18, 2002
              Hiya,

              > I was just wondering which anime shows that you're familar with.

              Oh boy. ^_^ Saint Seiya, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing,
              Weiss Kreuz, Card Captor Sakura, F.A.K.E., Corrector Yuy, Sailor
              Moon, Love Hina, Evangelion, Ai no Kusabi, Cowboy Bebop, Ah My
              Goddess, Tokyo Babylon and X/1999, Rayearth, Kizuna,Rurouni Kenshin,
              Fushigi Yuugi, Aeon Flux, Utena, Gravitation, Shinzo... I'm sure I'm
              forgetting a huge lot of them, and that's just for japanese
              animation. ^^0

              Anyway, I can help you with the Ronin Warriors fic, no problem. The
              other one I'm not sure I stand enough cannon ground to watch for
              characterisation and such but, if all you're looking for is grammar
              reading, I can beta that one too.

              Mail me at "dim @ dimgenesis . com" (sans spaces), please. =)

              Peace, Love, Unity, Respect,
              Dim Genesis

              ~ http://dimgenesis.com
            • LuckyCharm2410@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 18, 2002
                HI all, there was someone who offered to beta a X-Files story and they went
                by the name starrymimi777, I've tried e-mailing her, but the mail keeps
                coming back if this is you or you know who she is can you let me know?
                Thanks, Sally