Need a beta for an original novel in progress

  • dcb123173
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm sending out an SOS because I'm in search of a beta willing to
      read the first couple of chapters of a novel I've started to write
      and willing to work with me through it's completion.

      Genre: sci/fi; fantasy
      Rating: going to be N-17 for sex especially (but it could also be for
      some language and violence as well).
      Het or slash: Slash, definitely.
      Other info: there will be no rape or BDSM. Also, this story does deal
      with vampires in case that either turns some people on or off. I'll
      discuss the plot further with those interested in helping me out.
      Format of the novel: Microsoft word .doc file if that makes a
      difference to anyone. I usually work in .txt but .doc is what the
      publisher wants, so I'm not going to argue.

      What I need in a beta:

      I need someone willing to hack the novel to bits if needed. Someone
      willing to find and correct grammer/spelling/punctuation errors.
      Someone willing to point out plot holes, weaknesses of any scene or
      dialogue including anything that might be bogging it down or
      nonessential. Someone who can help me keep the prose tight and
      flowing well. Also, someone who would be willing to let me bounce
      various ideas off them.

      If there's anyone interested on this list and up to the challenge,
      please feel free to write me.

      Thank you,
      Diana
    • amberflower426
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 2:50 PM
        I would be glad to beta your original novel!
        I'm slash-friendly, so that's good, um, well, my strengths lie in
        spelling and grammar.
        So, just tell me what you want me to do, and I'll do so.
        - Amberina