Beta-reader for crossover story

  • kawaii_wicca_yaoi_tenshi_kouji
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2002
      I shall be needing a beta reader for a Highlander/Resident Evil
      crossover story I'm working on. It will mostly only use concepts from
      the two series, meaning that I shall be using original characters (I
      don't like using characters I didn't create. I always worry that I'm
      not keeping them in character. But I digress). It's still in the
      planning stages, which means I'm still playing around with some
      stuff, but I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon early. Knowing
      something about the two universes would be preferable, but here is
      really all you need to know:

      Highlander:
      1. Immortals roam the planet, unbeknownst to the general population.
      2. They can only be killed by beheading.
      3. They participate in something called "The Game," where they
      participate in a series on one-on-one battles until only one is left.
      4. Swords or sword-like weapons (like battle axes) are the only
      weapons allowed. Also, an Immie battle cannot occur on holy ground,
      and two or more Immies can't gang up on another.

      Resident Evil (or Biohazard, as it is called in Japan, its country of
      origin):
      1. The Umbrella corporation (a large, Microsoft-like evil
      corporation) has been engaged in the creation of viral weaponry.
      2. They create a toxin called the T-Virus, which can alter DNA (thus
      creating deadly bio-weapons). Another side effect: It can reanimate
      the dead.
      3. The virus leaks out from an underground lab in a small Midwestern
      town called Raccoon City, thusly turning it into a city of the undead.
      4. Umbrella has followed up the T-Virus with the G-Virus, an even
      more virulent and deadly strain.

      If there's anyone interested in taking this "assignment," please e-
      mail me at chiri_chan@.... ^^
      --Chiri