Re: [Beta_Unlimited] Beta needed!

  • CrystalRoses16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2002
      Mmmhh I thought Anne Rice no longer allowed Fan Fiction.
    • Samus Belmont
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2003
        Hey everyone, I'm in search for someone to beta a Metroid fic of
        mine. Knowledge of the fandom isn't really necessary, but its based
        off a sci-fi type video game, and I'm writign a prequil of sorts, so
        everything is quite original. Mostly I just need someone to run over
        plot inconsitancies and grammer. Of course, I'd be happy to beta
        anything in exchange if you'd like! Email me if you're interested :)

        and now for the specs.. ;)

        Name or Alias: Samus Belmont, but just Samus or Sam for short

        Fav shows: X-files, Stargate SG1, (Most video games such as Legend
        of Zelda, Castlevania, Metroid, Final Fantasy(s)) X-men: comic and
        movie.

        Fav writers of fanfiction: Wow, too many to name

        Fav actors and actresses: Christian Bale *wipes drool*

        Webpage address: Nope

        Do you write fanfiction?: Yes I do, but not as much as I'd like.
        Real life is a bugger.

        Do you beta-read: Yup, deffinately. I've Beta read for others in the
        past, but I tend to give it to you rough, so don't expect me to
        ignore bad writing!

        The fanfiction you will beta read: Mostly any fandom, if I havent
        heard of it, I wont be able to help with characterization, but I can
        still help you with sentence structure and an outsider's point of
        view on the plot

        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to NC-17. I'll
        even beta slash/yaoi (my pet peeve being badly written slash/yaoi.
        Gives me a chance to catch it before it gets out *whipcrack* ^__^).
      • Danielle
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16 12:01 PM
          Try, try again. I need a beta for my BtVS and Ats crossover
          fiction. It is the beginning of a [short] series. Grammar help
          will be good but I really just need a review. I'd like to know what
          you think about the idea and where I should go with it. No stealing
          my plot though, this one is my baby.

          Info: Not even R right now. Spike/Buffy pairing based after Chosen
          in an AU world. Spike died, Buffy & friends moved to LA to live
          near Angel. In the Angel world everyone is still at the Hyperion -
          no Connor, no Wolfram and Hart upgrade, Angel and Cordelia are
          together. Buffy chooses not to slay but Angel Investigations still
          fights crime but that's not all.

          The real depth of the story is what happened to Spike after Chosen
          ended.

          I don't want to give it away entirely but they do run across him
          again. If you read it you'll find out what his situation is.

          Interested? Email me. The more the better but I'm not even close
          to finished.
        • yibbgirl
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16 3:07 PM
            Hi,
            I'd be be happy to review for you. I have to warn you...I used to be
            a huge Spike/Buffy fan but now I am all about Buffy/Angel. I'll give
            you an honest opinion though. In fact, I am working on an unfinished
            B/A story and could use a beta myself. I also could use some grammar
            checks but I also would like an objective opinion on the idea and my
            characterizations. Also, it is getting rather long so if you think
            that I should break it up a bit that would be good. Here's the
            summary:

            Timeline: Based loosely on season 5 BtVS after "Fool for Love" and
            Season 2 AtS after "Redefinition"

            is no Dawn. Buffy is becoming more solitary and focused on slaying.
            The First Slayer has begun appearing in Buffy's dreams-Giles, afraid
            of losing her, calls the only one who might reach her.

            Let me know if you're interested.

            --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Danielle"
            <guardian_erin@...> wrote:

            > Try, try again. I need a beta for my BtVS and Ats crossover
            > fiction. It is the beginning of a [short] series. Grammar help
            > will be good but I really just need a review. I'd like to know
            what
            > you think about the idea and where I should go with it. No
            stealing
            > my plot though, this one is my baby.
            >
            > Info: Not even R right now. Spike/Buffy pairing based after
            Chosen
            > in an AU world. Spike died, Buffy & friends moved to LA to live
            > near Angel. In the Angel world everyone is still at the Hyperion -

            > no Connor, no Wolfram and Hart upgrade, Angel and Cordelia are
            > together. Buffy chooses not to slay but Angel Investigations
            still
            > fights crime but that's not all.
            >
            > The real depth of the story is what happened to Spike after Chosen
            > ended.
            >
            > I don't want to give it away entirely but they do run across him
            > again. If you read it you'll find out what his situation is.
            >
            > Interested? Email me. The more the better but I'm not even close
            > to finished.

          • nathalievanveen
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 17, 2007
              Hey you all!
              I'm looking for a Beta reader for a Harry Potter story
              it's A Drama/Romance
              It starts after year five
              So, I'm looking for someone who will check my stories for errors
              interested?
              please contact me!
              thanks