Beta needed!

  • chrysanthemum454
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2002
      Hi,

      I'm looking for a beta reader for a couple of stories I've written.
      One is a really short, PWP type thing; the other is rather longish (7
      chapters or so, plus a prologue/epilogue). Both are NC-17 for slash,
      and both are in the Vampire Chronicles (Anne Rice) fandom. I really
      need someone to look at the short story more for issues that are
      completely unrelated to being true to canon, so you don't have to be
      familiar with the Chronicles to beta that one.

      If anybody's interested, please email me at
      chrysanthemum@.... Thanks! :)

      ~Chrysanthemum~
      http://pluh.com/members/chrys/index.html
    • CrystalRoses16@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2002
        Mmmhh I thought Anne Rice no longer allowed Fan Fiction.
      • Samus Belmont
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2003
          Hey everyone, I'm in search for someone to beta a Metroid fic of
          mine. Knowledge of the fandom isn't really necessary, but its based
          off a sci-fi type video game, and I'm writign a prequil of sorts, so
          everything is quite original. Mostly I just need someone to run over
          plot inconsitancies and grammer. Of course, I'd be happy to beta
          anything in exchange if you'd like! Email me if you're interested :)

          and now for the specs.. ;)

          Name or Alias: Samus Belmont, but just Samus or Sam for short

          Fav shows: X-files, Stargate SG1, (Most video games such as Legend
          of Zelda, Castlevania, Metroid, Final Fantasy(s)) X-men: comic and
          movie.

          Fav writers of fanfiction: Wow, too many to name

          Fav actors and actresses: Christian Bale *wipes drool*

          Webpage address: Nope

          Do you write fanfiction?: Yes I do, but not as much as I'd like.
          Real life is a bugger.

          Do you beta-read: Yup, deffinately. I've Beta read for others in the
          past, but I tend to give it to you rough, so don't expect me to
          ignore bad writing!

          The fanfiction you will beta read: Mostly any fandom, if I havent
          heard of it, I wont be able to help with characterization, but I can
          still help you with sentence structure and an outsider's point of
          view on the plot

          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to NC-17. I'll
          even beta slash/yaoi (my pet peeve being badly written slash/yaoi.
          Gives me a chance to catch it before it gets out *whipcrack* ^__^).
        • Danielle
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 2006
            Try, try again. I need a beta for my BtVS and Ats crossover
            fiction. It is the beginning of a [short] series. Grammar help
            will be good but I really just need a review. I'd like to know what
            you think about the idea and where I should go with it. No stealing
            my plot though, this one is my baby.

            Info: Not even R right now. Spike/Buffy pairing based after Chosen
            in an AU world. Spike died, Buffy & friends moved to LA to live
            near Angel. In the Angel world everyone is still at the Hyperion -
            no Connor, no Wolfram and Hart upgrade, Angel and Cordelia are
            together. Buffy chooses not to slay but Angel Investigations still
            fights crime but that's not all.

            The real depth of the story is what happened to Spike after Chosen
            ended.

            I don't want to give it away entirely but they do run across him
            again. If you read it you'll find out what his situation is.

            Interested? Email me. The more the better but I'm not even close
            to finished.
          • yibbgirl
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 16, 2006
              Hi,
              I'd be be happy to review for you. I have to warn you...I used to be
              a huge Spike/Buffy fan but now I am all about Buffy/Angel. I'll give
              you an honest opinion though. In fact, I am working on an unfinished
              B/A story and could use a beta myself. I also could use some grammar
              checks but I also would like an objective opinion on the idea and my
              characterizations. Also, it is getting rather long so if you think
              that I should break it up a bit that would be good. Here's the
              summary:

              Timeline: Based loosely on season 5 BtVS after "Fool for Love" and
              Season 2 AtS after "Redefinition"

              is no Dawn. Buffy is becoming more solitary and focused on slaying.
              The First Slayer has begun appearing in Buffy's dreams-Giles, afraid
              of losing her, calls the only one who might reach her.

              Let me know if you're interested.

              --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Danielle"
              <guardian_erin@...> wrote:

              > Try, try again. I need a beta for my BtVS and Ats crossover
              > fiction. It is the beginning of a [short] series. Grammar help
              > will be good but I really just need a review. I'd like to know
              what
              > you think about the idea and where I should go with it. No
              stealing
              > my plot though, this one is my baby.
              >
              > Info: Not even R right now. Spike/Buffy pairing based after
              Chosen
              > in an AU world. Spike died, Buffy & friends moved to LA to live
              > near Angel. In the Angel world everyone is still at the Hyperion -

              > no Connor, no Wolfram and Hart upgrade, Angel and Cordelia are
              > together. Buffy chooses not to slay but Angel Investigations
              still
              > fights crime but that's not all.
              >
              > The real depth of the story is what happened to Spike after Chosen
              > ended.
              >
              > I don't want to give it away entirely but they do run across him
              > again. If you read it you'll find out what his situation is.
              >
              > Interested? Email me. The more the better but I'm not even close
              > to finished.

            • nathalievanveen
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 17, 2007
                Hey you all!
                I'm looking for a Beta reader for a Harry Potter story
                it's A Drama/Romance
                It starts after year five
                So, I'm looking for someone who will check my stories for errors
                interested?
                please contact me!
                thanks