Re: [Beta_Unlimited] Digest Number 344

  • Sidious Palpatine
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2002
      I was under the impression that this affected actor
      based
      stories. More specifically, in the real person
      category
      but only the actors. As far as I can tell, there's no
      mention of musicians, boyband or otherwise. Here's
      the
      message quoted from the main page of fanfiction.net:

      "As today, actor based stories are no longer allowed.
      Actor
      fiction are stories revolving around the real actors
      that have portrayed fictional roles in tv shows or
      movies.
      Writing about actors behind a fictional work
      has very little to do with the work itself and is not
      part of FanFiction.Net. As much as we would like to
      be,
      FanFiction.Net is not
      designed or structured for writings of every possible
      format. We do want to encourage writers who wish to
      author
      these types of stories to have the initiative
      to create a dedicated website for their unique needs.
      The
      updated rule is in effect immediately and authors with
      affected stories will have until April 21st to backup
      their
      work."

      -Music Diamond-

      =====
      "Why aren't you smiling?" "Oh sweetie...I don't cry."

      you've never looked more beautiful to me then today
      darling

      We've all got our little secrets; let us keep them
      while we can.
      We have so little else.

      Yes, but I thought when they said actor based stories
      that they might also mean any real life fic....I don't
      know, I wasn't exactly sure that they only meant movie
      and TV real people. I don't know if they would mean
      music group artists in the catorgory or not.

      I guess I just wanted to make sure that people were
      prepared for the possibility.

      As someone from another group pointed out, the reason
      they are probably doing this is so that they won't get
      sued for slander....because a person writing about a
      real person could say some bad things in their fics
      about the real person.

      I was thinking that the same thing applied to any real
      person. They could also be sued for music group
      slander too, couldn't they?

      So that's basically why I sent the message
      out.....just in case they meant all real people stories.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/