Re: OT read if you have fics on fanfiction.net

  • Music Diamond
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2002
      --- Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Fanfiction. A haven for you when reality sucks!

      > Hey, something just occured to me. If anyone has any
      > boyband fics or
      > fics that involve real people...real actors, real
      > authors, real
      > singers....or anything like that......
      >
      > Fanfiction.net is going to take down those stories and
      > disallow them
      > from now. I just realized that some of you may not know
      > this, and
      > you might want to make sure you have your fanfiction.net
      > stories
      > saved somewhere.

      I was under the impression that this affected actor based
      stories. More specifically, in the real person category
      but only the actors. As far as I can tell, there's no
      mention of musicians, boyband or otherwise. Here's the
      message quoted from the main page of fanfiction.net:

      "As today, actor based stories are no longer allowed. Actor
      fiction are stories revolving around the real actors
      that have portrayed fictional roles in tv shows or movies.
      Writing about actors behind a fictional work
      has very little to do with the work itself and is not a
      part of FanFiction.Net. As much as we would like to be,
      FanFiction.Net is not
      designed or structured for writings of every possible
      format. We do want to encourage writers who wish to author
      these types of stories to have the initiative
      to create a dedicated website for their unique needs. The
      updated rule is in effect immediately and authors with
      affected stories will have until April 21st to backup their
      work."

      -Music Diamond-

      =====
      "Why aren't you smiling?" "Oh sweetie...I don't cry."

      you've never looked more beautiful to me then today darling

      We've all got our little secrets; let us keep them while we can.
      We have so little else.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/