OT read if you have fics on fanfiction.net

  • palpatine_sidious
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2002
      Hey, something just occured to me. If anyone has any boyband fics or
      fics that involve real people...real actors, real authors, real
      singers....or anything like that......

      Fanfiction.net is going to take down those stories and disallow them
      from now. I just realized that some of you may not know this, and
      you might want to make sure you have your fanfiction.net stories
      saved somewhere.

      I kind of ignored this this morning (or yesterday?) when I read it on
      fanfiction.net because I don't write those kinds of stories, but I
      just realized that it's going to affect people on these boyband
      groups, so I thought I'd let you know in case some of you were
      unaware of it.
    • Music Diamond
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2002
        --- Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Fanfiction. A haven for you when reality sucks!

        > Hey, something just occured to me. If anyone has any
        > boyband fics or
        > fics that involve real people...real actors, real
        > authors, real
        > singers....or anything like that......
        >
        > Fanfiction.net is going to take down those stories and
        > disallow them
        > from now. I just realized that some of you may not know
        > this, and
        > you might want to make sure you have your fanfiction.net
        > stories
        > saved somewhere.

        I was under the impression that this affected actor based
        stories. More specifically, in the real person category
        but only the actors. As far as I can tell, there's no
        mention of musicians, boyband or otherwise. Here's the
        message quoted from the main page of fanfiction.net:

        "As today, actor based stories are no longer allowed. Actor
        fiction are stories revolving around the real actors
        that have portrayed fictional roles in tv shows or movies.
        Writing about actors behind a fictional work
        has very little to do with the work itself and is not a
        part of FanFiction.Net. As much as we would like to be,
        FanFiction.Net is not
        designed or structured for writings of every possible
        format. We do want to encourage writers who wish to author
        these types of stories to have the initiative
        to create a dedicated website for their unique needs. The
        updated rule is in effect immediately and authors with
        affected stories will have until April 21st to backup their
        work."

        -Music Diamond-

        =====
        "Why aren't you smiling?" "Oh sweetie...I don't cry."

        you've never looked more beautiful to me then today darling

        We've all got our little secrets; let us keep them while we can.
        We have so little else.

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/