I'm new!

  • Dark Jewel
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 1999
      Hi, I'm new to the list, so I just thought I'd introduce myself now
      while I have the time to do so.

      Name: Dark Jewel

      Favorite Shows: This may be pretty long, but here goes (in order of most
      favorite to least favorite):
      Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Xena; The Crow: Stairway to Heaven; Dawson's
      Creek; Charmed; Hercules; Profiler; Psi Factor; Emily of New Moon; 7th
      Heaven; Homicide: Life on the Streets; Sabrina, the Teen-aged Witch;
      Party of Five; Boy Meets World; X-Files; Providence; Highlander: the
      Raven; Law & Order; Due South; Ally McBeal

      All-time Favorite Shows: Buffy; The Crow: Stairway to Heaven; Forever
      Knight; Highlander; Kindred: the Embraced; X-Files; Strange Luck; the
      Young Riders

      Do I Write Fanfiction: Yes, but only for Buffy, Forever Knight, and a
      little Highlander and Xena/Hercules so far. (The Highlander and
      Xena/Hercules are crossover stories.)

      Do I Beta Read: No one's asked me yet! :) But I can and will, when
      asked.

      What Fanfiction Will I Beta Read: Anything, provided I'm familiar with
      the show and the characters. I can also do spelling and grammar for
      other the ones I'm not familiar with. But I warn you: I can be a
      little harsh. I won't be mean, and I always give constructive
      criticism, but if you think you're the greatest writer in the world, and
      I send your masterpiece back full of corrections and changes. don't take
      it personally. I do that with everybody, including myself! All the
      same, if you think that sort of thing would upset you, I'd probably
      suggest you try someone else.

      What Ratings of Fanfiction Will I Beta Read: Anything and everything.

      I am currently looking for a few good beta readers for a short Buffy
      fanfic, set four years in the future. I plan to make it the
      introduction or conclusion of a series of stories I am writing about how
      Buffy and her friends are spending their last summer vacation before
      entering college or doing whatever else they will be doing. I'm calling
      it the summer series. If you're interested in beta-ing for me, please
      send me a message, so that I can get this thing posted finally!

      I really enjoy writing, and watching TV, so I absolutely *love* fanfic!
      I love to write it, and I love to read it. I have many different
      fanfics started, and will probably start more. I will only send the
      finished ones out to be beta read, though, unless I'm trying to build up
      suspense.

      Okay, it's late, enough talking for now. Hope I didn't break any rules,
      and I'm looking forward to reading some of your fanfiction, and sharing
      mine!

      Dark Jewel
    • Di
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2001
        Hi, I'll just give you my introduction.

        Name or Alias: Jud

        Fav shows: Buffy, Star Trek Voyager(and DS9), Angel, Roswell,
        Charmed, Xena:wp,strong Medicine, Anyday now, Hercules:tlj, Stargate
        SG1

        Fav writers of fanfiction: um...how much space do i have, theres too
        many i love.

        Fav actors and actresses: Tom Cruise,Christian Slater, Antonio
        Banderas,Ewan McGregor,Jean-Claude VanDame, Brad Pitt and others.

        Webpage address: www.geocities.com/NayaSins/index It's not done yet.

        Do you write fanfiction?: I do Hercules and Xena's world, like the
        gods and stuff. And i also to C/P from Star Trek: Voyager

        Do you beta-read: Yup Yup

        The fanfiction you will beta read: I'll beta read anything thats from
        my favorite shows thing up there. I watch all and know most
        everything about them.

        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: I'll do anything.
      • exfilia
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2001
          Humiliating confession of my own stupidity:

          Somebody sent me a long fic to beta a few weeks ago, and
          I copied it from the email, pasted it into notepad and
          saved it, and then deleted the email.

          Then I noticed that there's no addy in the copy I have.

          <cowers in embarassment>

          Anyone want to claim this beauty? I've not quite finished
          the beta (did I say long?) but it's far to good a story
          to moulder on my hard drive.

          =====
          exfilia
          Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?