newbie / REQ beta reader

  • db77
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hello

      I am new to the list, so let me introduce myself:

      ***

      Name or Alias: Dorothee

      Fav shows: Used to be Highlander, the Sentinel, Charmed, Poltergeist, Friends, Stargate SG1... But now I don't have a TV anymore, so I apologize if most of my fav tv shows are no longer airing :-) I also love Harry Potter fan fiction.

      Fav writers of fanfiction: Cassandra Claire, Xenon

      Fav actors and actresses: there would be way too many to list them here!

      Webpage address: None.

      Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, I did a Charmed/poltergeist crossover, and I write a series on Immortals, the current one being a crossover with The Sentinel.

      Do you beta-read: yes.

      The fanfiction you will beta read: anything, including slash if you need me too (although I don't read much slash myself). Although I should warn you that English is not my mother-tongue, I am French (so if you need to write some lines in French and don't feel sure about it, feel free to ask)

      ***

      Okay, sorry to ask that on the very first post, but as I said, I am currently writing a fan fiction, a crossover between Highlander (although I should warn you that they are mostly original characters) and The Sentinel (Jim and Blair are there alright). And as I said, English is not my mother tongue, and I would need an outsider's point of view, advice, yada yada... To make a long story short, I would need a beta-reader. Would anyone be interested?

      Thanks, and I can't wait to hear from all of you guys

      Dorothee

    • Rachelle Ryan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2002

        Dorothee,

        I like both shows so I'd be happy to beta your story or stories if you want me to. I've got to tell you thougth since you don't have a tv anymore that both shows have been cancelled. Oh, they still show the re-runs but they're not making any new ones. Well, send it to me at Aisha_666@....

        Rachelle Ryan