Re: [Beta_Unlimited] Beta needed for X-men fic

  • Kyle Metcalf
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2001

      Hey man, I happen to be a big fan of X-Men and I'd love to give your fic a read through. I can email you all I know about Magneto if you'd like. Just write me an email back so I know you haven't found somebody cooler than me. *sniff* I hate it when that happens. Anyways, it's good your ego isn't fragile because I don't have any tact, but I've been writing for six years so I like to think I know something. Well... um... I ran outta words.

      Ciao
      ~Kyle~

        Samus Belmont aka Coke <samusbelmont@...> wrote:

      Heya, Im looking for a beta reader for an x-men fic im writing. It'd
      help a lot if you've seen the movie, and a little comic knowledge
      wouldn't hurt.

      Basically, the main characters are Magneto and Gambit with the other
      characters playing larger roles as well (IE Logan, Storm, Rogue...).
      I don't know that much about Magneto's history, so someone who could
      help me with his characterization would help immensly. Gambit's
      characterization, ive got no problem with.

      Its pretty much a movieverse fic, but has my own mixture of
      comicverse in it. Its called 'the measure of strength' and ive gotten
      the first part written (about 6 pages in size 10 font), with many
      more on the way. I also need suggestions on how to continue the
      story. Like im trying to decide how i should introduce gambit- is he
      already a student at the mansion, or do the x-men find him when his
      powers go outa whack in seattle?

      Brutal honesty is appreciated. I don't have a fragile ego, so beat it
      up all you want. I need to know how i can improve the fic.

      this story is pretty much a jumble of ideas in my head at the moment,
      so it may take a bit of time for me to get the next part written.

      If you're interested, please email me. toodles!

      Find the one for you at Yahoo! Personals.

    • Anna Kasperson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
        Hi!
        Thank you for the offer but as I have problems with my
        computer and email I'm sorry to say that I can't help
        you.
        Hope you can find another beta!
        Good luck writing!
        Migej

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
      • samusbelmont
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2002
          Hey there, I need a Beta for an X-men fic Im writing- my old beta
          sorta died on me ;). It focuses on mostly Magneto and Remy, and
          though I've got the cajun's character down pat, I need somewone to
          tell me if I'm writing Magneto OK, since this is the first time I've
          written him. I like people to be honest and tough with me, I have no
          ego or feelings to be hurt (grin). Its sucks? Tell me why. Its good?
          How can I make it better. Anyway, anyone who responds to this is
          going to have to be patient with me. I write excrutiatingly slow as
          well as non liniar. Ive got about seven pages of part one for you to
          start out with. If you're interested, contact me off list.

          -Samus