Newbie

  • chrysanthemum@mailbreak.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 22, 2001
      Hi everyone! Just introducing myself...

      Name or Alias: Chrysanthemum

      Fav shows: Used to be Buffy, but Dawn made me mad... now it's Whose
      Line is it Anyway

      Fav writers of fanfiction: torch, Auden, Ilah Sef, KC, lunaflower,
      Heidi the Plastic Prince

      Fav actors and actresses: Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, Antonio
      Banderas, Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor

      Webpage address: www.dreamwater.net/chrys/index.html, and I'm
      creating a site just for my fic which will eventually be at
      user.netomia.com/chrysanthemum/index.html

      Do you write fanfiction?: I do; mostly Vampire Chronicles, and I once
      did a Buffy/VC crossover.

      Do you beta-read: I love to beta read! :)

      The fanfiction you will beta read: Vampire Chronicles and Savage
      Garden - I'm willing to read basically anything, but those two
      fandoms are the only ones I'm really familiar with.

      The ratings of fiction you will beta read: I'll do anything you care
      to throw at me. ;)

      ~Chrysanthemum~
    • Kali Sandison
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 22, 2001
        <<Fav shows: Used to be Buffy, but Dawn made me mad... now it's
        Whose Line is it Anyway>>

        Whoa! Quite a jump. But I understand completely. I was kinda
        hoping that with Glory gone, there would be no more reason for
        Dawn. Oh well.

        =====
        "Kali Sandison", Kalerian@...
        "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Devilish Angel
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 24, 2001
          Name or Alias: Kip/C. Blue

          Fav shows: Iron Chef, The X-Files, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, anything anime
          (except Pokemon, DBZ, and the like - never could get into those)

          Fav writers of fanfiction: Keelan August, purpleatheist

          Fav actors and actresses: Ioan Gruffudd (best known for role in "Horatio
          Hornblower"), Gillian Anderson, Lillian Gish, Alan Rickman, Ewan McGregor,
          Jude Law

          Webpage address: http://www.envy.nu/kateshouse, but that's down until New
          Year's Day.

          Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but not as much as I used to, and the older
          stuff really sucks.

          Do you beta-read: If asked, I'll try to, but it depends on how much I've got
          on my plate and how bad the writer's block is.

          The fanfiction you will beta read: Harry Potter (het and slash, case by case
          basis), Koko wa Greenwood (no Mary Sues), Tenchi Muyo (ditto), plus all
          favorite shows (slash only for WLiiA?, certain pairings for XF)

          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: G to R, NC-17 if there's not too
          much violence or sex.

          Which reminds me - I'm looking for a beta myself. If there's anyone out
          there willing to beta-read what will be a long story (at least 8 chapters),
          a Snape/Hermione romance, kindly email me and I'll send along what I've got.

          Thank you!

          Kip

        • kerrisonr
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 15, 2001
            Hello all.

            My name is Kerry and I'm a newbie to this list. I'm currently seeking
            assistance with my first Buffy fic. I'm an experienced author with
            both Xena, DC, and Uber stories under my 'belt' as well as many
            others.

            The reason I'm asking for help is because this is, of course, my
            first Buffy fic. I need to ensure characterization/dialog/etc.

            The story is W/T-- therefore whomever is kind enough to beta read for
            me should be able to read lesbian fiction without getting all icky.
            (I'd appreciate it.)

            I have both AIM and Yahoo! right now (i'm not on my own computer this
            month) and would love to speak with my beta reader over IM.

            If anyone is willing to help me with this story, I'd REALLY
            appreciate it.

            Thanks,
            Kerry

            AIM: KerrisonRose
            Yahoo!: kerrisonr
          • thebluestofpeas
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 4, 2003
              Hi! I'm new. ^_^ I'm just going to do a little intro on myself:

              Name: Pandora

              Will I beta: Yes.

              What I will beta: Any Vegeta/Trunks or Frieza/Vegeta or
              Vegeta/Zarbon pairing for Dragonball Z.

              Favorite Fandoms: Dragonball Z and Harry Potter

              Webpage: http://www.geocities.com/dragonballzyaoi/

              Do I write fanfiction: Yes. Dragonball Z fandom. I do the yaoi.

              Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list? What about
              Harry Potter slash fans?

              Glad to be here!

              ~Pandora
            • Abinikai
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 5, 2003
                Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that could be just me...)

                thebluestofpeas <tigersan00@...> wrote:
                Hi!  I'm new.  ^_^  I'm just going to do a little intro on myself:

                Name:  Pandora

                Will I beta:  Yes.

                What I will beta:  Any Vegeta/Trunks or Frieza/Vegeta or
                Vegeta/Zarbon pairing for Dragonball Z.

                Favorite Fandoms:  Dragonball Z and Harry Potter

                Webpage:  http://www.geocities.com/dragonballzyaoi/

                Do I write fanfiction:  Yes.  Dragonball Z fandom.  I do the yaoi.

                Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list?  What about
                Harry Potter slash fans?

                Glad to be here!

                ~Pandora

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • Pandora .
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 7, 2003
                  *glomps fellow slash fan, Abinikai*

                  I am SO Lucius/Severus. They are so evil and perfect together.

                  Remus is such a cutie, and Sirius such a fireball!

                  Yay for HP Slash!!

                  ~Pandora

                  > Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
                  > From: Abinikai <abinikai@...>
                  >Subject: Re: Newbie
                  >
                  >Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that
                  >could be just me...)
                  >

                  >Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list? What about
                  >Harry Potter slash fans?
                  >
                  >Glad to be here!
                  >
                  >~Pandora

                • Abinikai
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 8, 2003
                    Hey! That hurt...owwww...Anyways, I believe Snape should die a lonely man and Lucius shbould burn in hell...though I CAN see them together every once in awhile for some hot, passionate, won't-talk-to-you-after-it's-finished sex...but again, that could be just me.

                    "Pandora ." <tigersan00@...> wrote:
                    *glomps fellow slash fan, Abinikai*

                    I am SO Lucius/Severus.  They are so evil and perfect together.

                    Remus is such a cutie, and Sirius such a fireball!

                    Yay for HP Slash!!

                    ~Pandora

                    >    Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
                    >    From: Abinikai <abinikai@...>
                    >Subject: Re: Newbie
                    >
                    >Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that
                    >could be just me...)
                    >

                    >Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list?  What about
                    >Harry Potter slash fans?
                    >
                    >Glad to be here!
                    >
                    >~Pandora

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                  • Pandora .
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 10, 2003
                      LOL. Wanna know something funny? I agree with you completely. But that's
                      why I love them. XD Now I am NOT trying to start an argument here. For
                      discussion's sake, why do you hate them?

                      Are we allowed to get off topic here, listmom?

                      Who do you see as the dominant person in a Remus/Sirius paring? They're one
                      of those couples that could go either way. IMO, my first inclination is to
                      say Sirius would be the "man" of the relationship. But then again, I've
                      read fics where there's a character you'd think would just have to be dom,
                      but then they're not. So...either way.

                      ~Pandora