my intro

  • shinysnowdome@yahoo.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2001
      Name or Alias: snow dome

      Fav shows: The Secret Life of Us, Saturday Night Live (1990-1997),
      Grosse Pointe, Just Shoot Me, Red Dwarf, Spin City, Charmed, Friends,
      NewsRadio and many more (I'm addicted!)

      Fav writers of fanfiction: Augustus

      Fav actors and actresses: Claudia Karvan, David Spade, Chris Farley,
      Spencer McLaren, Adam Sandler, Guy Pearce, Jason Lee, Ben Affleck,
      Abi Tucker, Seth Green, Alyson Hannigan, Alyssa Milano, Ben Stiller,
      Edward Norton, Freddie Prinze Jr, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Neve
      Campbell, Martin Lawrence, Matthew Broderick, Matthew Perry, Phil
      Hartman, Ryan Phillippe, Robin Williams, plus lots more.

      Webpage address: http://www.geocities.com/shinysnowdome

      Do you write fanfiction?: yes, see the above website.

      Do you beta-read: I've only beta-read for one person but I'm keen to
      beta for more, hence why I joined the list. I can help with spelling,
      grammar, characterisation and story ideas if need be. I offer
      comments and I can be very critical at times.

      The fanfiction you will beta read: most comedy related fandoms (check
      first, shows I know/like particularly include Just Shoot Me, Red
      Dwarf, Two Guys A Girl & A Pizza Place, NewsRadio, Spin City etc),
      RPS of ex-Saturday Night Live peeps (eg Adam Sandler, David Spade
      etc) and probably most other comedians. Grosse Pointe, Charmed, The
      Secret Life of Us...if it's a fandom I know, I'll probably beta. Keep
      in mind, I am in Australia, so I refuse to beta something if it's
      going to spoil a show for me just because it hasn't been aired down
      here yet.

      The ratings of fiction you will beta read: any ratings are fine
    • tanathir_canathel
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2003
        Hi all! I'm brand new to this list, and I'm excited about being a
        member.

        About myself:

        Name/Alias: Tanathir

        Favorite Shows: The Matrix, X-Men, The Pretender, CSI, Star Wars

        Favorite Writers of Fan Fiction: Anansay, Burked, LSI, Druscilla,
        oqidaun, Earelen

        Favorite Actors and Actresses: Hugo Weaving, William Petersen,
        Michael T. Weiss, Jorja Fox, Dame Judi Dench, Willem Dafoe, Andrea
        Parker, Laurence Fisburne

        Webpage Address:
        http://www.geocities.com/tanathir_canathel/deirtygirls.html

        Do you write fan fiction? Yes.

        Do you beta-read? Sure. Not all that experienced, but I'll give it
        a try.

        The fan fiction you will beta-read: The Pretender, X-Men
        (movieverse, first film only), The Matrix, Star Wars, LOTR movies,
        CSI, Dune, maybe others for grammar and spelling...if you want
        Grammar Agent nit-pickiness. ;)

        The ratings of fan fiction you will beta-read: G to NC-17 but no real
        person fics and reluctant to beta slash

        That's me. Now I'd like to advertise/request a beta reader for my
        fic. It's a Matrix fic, a work-in-progress, rated R, features a lot
        of Agent Smith and an original female character. I would like help
        in revising old chapters, and in polishing chapters yet to be
        uploaded to the web.

        Whew! I hope I did all that with the proper netiquette.

        Thanks in advance to anyone who offers to be my intrepid beta.

        -Tanathir