Re: Any beta readers out there?

  • Bonnie E.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2001
      Yay! Another video game writer! I've been looking for one. Do you
      happen to know anything about Xenogears? For that matter, are you
      interested in doing some beta reading? Turn around time isn't really
      important to me. I have had NO luck finding someone to beta this
      story, so I have to ask, sorry. The problem is, I think it will make
      more sense to someone who's at least somewhat knowledgeable about the
      game. I'd be willing to look at your fics, too, as long as you also
      don't mind a longer turn-around time. I'm only slightly familiar
      with Castlevania (to the point of only knowing the main character's
      name), but I could probably do relatively well on Zelda fics. Of
      course, you're looking for someone who doesn't know a lot. That's
      me! Hey, it might force me to actually get down to finding and
      playing Castlevania....

      Bonnie E.

      >I mostly write for video games or comics. My main
      > fandoms are Metroid, Castlevania, Zelda, and X-men. I occasionaly
      may
      > do an X-files here or there, but those never quite get enough time
      > be written down.
      >
      > However, if any of ya'll actualy decide to be my beta, be warned- I
      > write quite slow. I either write in spurts over a long period of
      > time, or just give up on the damn thing. Mostly, I need help for
      > characterization and plots, as well as the occasional dreaded
      > writer's block. I need suggestions! How can I make it better, What
      > did you like, what sucked? Dont afraid to be brutally honest with
      me-
      > I want that. The last thing i need is someone to say 'its good'
      > or 'its sucked.' if it sucked, tell me why!.
      >
      > Right now, my main concern is a castlevania fic- which i have been
      > convienetly stuck on after writing only three pages. Ugh. No
      > knowledge of the fandom is quite necesary for the fic, as I want to
      > know if it makes sense to someone who has never heard of
      Castlevania-