Any beta readers out there?

  • Sarcastia: insulting the world one perso
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7 1:50 AM
      Hey-lo. Yep, I just joined, and yep, Im searching for a Beta reader.
      Im not sure if this e-group is restricted to fanfiction only to TV
      shows or not, but I mostly write for video games or comics. My main
      fandoms are Metroid, Castlevania, Zelda, and X-men. I occasionaly may
      do an X-files here or there, but those never quite get enough time to
      be written down.

      However, if any of ya'll actualy decide to be my beta, be warned- I
      write quite slow. I either write in spurts over a long period of
      time, or just give up on the damn thing. Mostly, I need help for
      characterization and plots, as well as the occasional dreaded
      writer's block. I need suggestions! How can I make it better, What
      did you like, what sucked? Dont afraid to be brutally honest with me-
      I want that. The last thing i need is someone to say 'its good'
      or 'its sucked.' if it sucked, tell me why!.

      Right now, my main concern is a castlevania fic- which i have been
      convienetly stuck on after writing only three pages. Ugh. No
      knowledge of the fandom is quite necesary for the fic, as I want to
      know if it makes sense to someone who has never heard of Castlevania-
      however, if you do know of the fandom, thats good too! So contact me
      if you're interested in being driven crazy by me. :)
    • Bonnie E.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8 3:55 PM
        Yay! Another video game writer! I've been looking for one. Do you
        happen to know anything about Xenogears? For that matter, are you
        interested in doing some beta reading? Turn around time isn't really
        important to me. I have had NO luck finding someone to beta this
        story, so I have to ask, sorry. The problem is, I think it will make
        more sense to someone who's at least somewhat knowledgeable about the
        game. I'd be willing to look at your fics, too, as long as you also
        don't mind a longer turn-around time. I'm only slightly familiar
        with Castlevania (to the point of only knowing the main character's
        name), but I could probably do relatively well on Zelda fics. Of
        course, you're looking for someone who doesn't know a lot. That's
        me! Hey, it might force me to actually get down to finding and
        playing Castlevania....

        Bonnie E.