Intro and cry for beta work

  • painted bird
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      Name or Alias: Ivy. If you travel in certain circles, you may know
      me as Foxfire, painted_bird, or paperdaisy.

      Favorite Shows: The X-Files, CSI, JAG, Dr. Who, Star Trek,
      Millennium.

      Favorite FF Writers: DashaK, prufrock's love, and Lydia Bower--
      all XF writers.

      Favorite actors: John Cusack, Peter Boyle, Jimmy Stewart, Peter
      Sellers, Harrison Ford, Jonathan Pryce, Guy Pearce, Clive Owen.

      Favorite actresses: Wynona Ryder, Tilda Swinton, Angelina Jolie.

      Webpage: www.geocities.com/backwardszero (it's a WIP)

      Do I write FFs?:  I used to, but I stopped when I realized I was
      inserting my peculiar traits and neuroses in the character of
      Scully. They were also horribly derivative and cliched.

      Do I beta-read?: Yes, and I love doing it.

      The fanfiction you will beta read: I'l give anything a grammar
      once-over, but my specialty is X-Files fan fiction.

      The ratings of beta I will read: Anything from G to NC-17. I'll beta
      slash, but it's not my forte.

      This is my plea for some more beta work. If you're willing to put
      up with my Strunk and White ramblings and my nitpicking, I'd
      love to read anything anyone has to send me. I'm neat, thorough,
      and I come armed with a copy of the Elements of Style.

      Thanks!

      --ivy.