Seeking Long-Term Beta

  • LizParker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2001
              Name or Alias:  Elise (BehrBeMine)

              Fav shows:  Roswell, Dawson's Creek, Gilmore Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Felicity, Angel (the series)

              Fav writers of fanfiction:  None in particular.

              Fav actors and actresses:  Brad Pitt, Joshua Jackson, Jason Behr; Shiri Appleby, Katie Holmes, Jennifer Love Hewitt

              Webpage address:  Nada.  I'm HTML-challenged.  ;p

              Do you write fanfiction?:  Yes.

              Do you beta-read:  Not currently.  I'm working on so many writing projects that I don't really have the time.  Not sure if my editing skills are up to par anyway.

      I'm seeking a long-term beta.  I write a lot of fiction, and I'd like to have someone beta it upon request rather than have to hunt around for someone new every week.  I write fanfiction for the following shows:  Roswell, Gilmore Girls (some), Dawson's Creek (a little bit), and I'm beginning to experiment with Buffy the Vampire Slayer fiction.  Eventually I'd like to branch out into Angel (the series) fiction, and Smallville fiction as well.  If you'd like to beta my work but only for certain shows, that's fine -- just let me know which ones.

      My writing isn't spectacular, though I believe it's fairly readable.  For examples of my style, you can look up some of my recent fictions at Fanfiction.Net under the pen name BehrBeMine (or paste the following address into your browser:  http://www.fanfiction.net/index.fic?action=directory-authorProfile&userid=93096).  I'm looking for someone that's educated well in grammar, and someone that's going to be honest without belittling my fiction.

      Thanks for your time, I hope to hear from someone soon.  :)

      Elise
      ---
      "It is, in the end, the saving of lives that we writers are about...  We do it because we care...  We care because we know this:  the life we save is our own."  -- Alice Walker