Re: Welcome to Beta_Unlimited

  • AllieKat =^.^=
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 26 4:55 AM
      --- Beta_Unlimited Moderator <Beta_Unlimited-owner@yahoogroups.com>
      > wrote:
      >
      >Name or Alias: AllieKat =^.^=
      >
      >Fav shows: The Pretender, Highlander
      >
      >Fav writers of fanfiction: Keeper March, Petra, DragonHeart, (um, thinking, thinking, hampster running on wheel) Practically anyone on the Pretender FanFic Archive.
      >
      >Fav actors and actresses: James Marsters, Andrea Parker, Michael T. Weiss, Elizabeth Gracen, Peter Wingfield
      >
      >Webpage address: http://morbia.net (its a work-in-progress)
      >
      >Do you write fanfiction?: I make a noble attempt.
      >
      >Do you beta-read: Yes.
      >
      >The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything anyone is willing to send me. Pretender/Highlander/Spike preferred.
      >
      >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From PG-13 to NC-17

      ==
      AllieKat
      =^.^=

      "If it's my keen invention you'd like to destroy;
      I'll withstand your best sot, I've got the right toy"
      --American McGee's Alice

      Sign up for FREE email from at
    • ks1976de
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 20, 2002
        Hi altogether! Here is my introduction...

        > Name or Alias: Irene KS

        > Fav shows: Highlander, Quantum Leap, The Sentinel (Since there
        is a rerun now on German TV I finally can even watch it *g*).

        > Webpage address: My (English) warrant:
        http://ireneks.netfirms.com/allow3.htm
        My debut HL-Fic (English):
        http://de.geocities.com/ks1976de/anothername.htm
        My 'Hompages Portal' (German):
        http://members.tripod.co.uk/ireneks/index1.htm

        > Do you write fanfiction?: Just done my first steps into
        (unusual) Highlander Slash. [see above]

        > Do you beta-read: Since I'm German and since I was
        always very bad in English at school better not.

        I'm looking for a second beta reader for my Highlander stuff (Slash,
        various pairings). Since my first beta Susan seems a little busy at
        the moment and 'doppelt haelt besser'. (double lasts better)
        So if anybody is interested, just contact me and I can give
        you the details.

        ;o) CIAO!
      • Jamemosalo Giles
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 30, 2002
          Hello, everyone!

          I've been asked to do a brief introduction of myself, so here goes! :-)

          Name or Alias: Jamemosalo

          Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who, Beauty and the
          Beast (Vincent/Catherine), Forever Knight, Labyrinth (yeah, it's a movie,
          not a show, but still), Anita Blake (OK, so, again not a show, but *still*).

          >Fav writers of fanfiction: Too many to list!

          >Fav actors and actresses: Anthony Head, James Marsters, Peter Wingfield,
          >Roger Daltrey (i.e., Hugh Fitzcairn/Highlander), Amber Benson, Paul McGann,
          >Elijah Wood, Liv Tyler, Salma Hayek; many, many more...

          Webpage address: None (yet). I'm *trying*. :-) But it's been *years*
          since I attempted HTML...

          >Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but nothing's ready to post yet.

          >Do you beta-read: I've been known to. I'd like to do more of it.

          >The fanfiction you will beta read: Preferably BTVS, HL, or Doctor Who. I
          >will spellcheck and help with grammar on any.

          >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: I really prefer G or PG, but
          >would do a PG-13. I like angst! Please, *no* slash, R, or NC-17.

          Credentials: B.F.A. in Creative Writing, M.L.I.S. in Library Science, 2
          self-published "creative non-fiction" books (lesson the first: NEVER get
          sucked into subsidy publishing! Blearg. Thus speaks the voice of bitter
          experience.) 2 SF/F novels making the rounds to publishers and through
          revision. 1 short story, "Why the Doctor is Fond of Cats", due to be
          published in the upcoming "The Cat Who Walked Through Time II" (Doctor Who
          fanzine-for-charity) (release date TBA).

          Thanks for letting me on-list, and I hope to be in contact with some of you
          soon!

          Take care,
          Jamemosalo

          STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*.
          http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf
        • Get back to me on that one... <Herpetofa
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
            > Name or Alias: Jamemosalo
            >
            > Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who

            <snip>

            Hurrah--a Doctor Who reader!

            [Sharaz Jek] Welcome indeed...

            Welcome to the group--look forward to seeing some fiction.

            Alice I.W.
            ------------
            "No degree of dullness can safeguard a work against the
            determination of critics to find it fascinating.
            -Harold Rosenberg
          • missdenneaux <miss_denneaux@hotmail.com>
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
              Well I had thought of avioding this, but since reading Jamemosalos
              one I realised that wouldn't be fair!

              > Name or Alias: Nicola
              >
              > Fav shows: The Pretender,Labyrinth (It's my favourite movie so it
              deserves a say, and Jamemosalo got to put it down) Dark Angel,CSI,
              The Sopranos, A vast array of sitcoms which I'm sure don't get
              written about here, and numerous NZ programmes that nobody would of
              heard of.
              > Fav writers of fanfiction: We would be here all day if you got me
              started on that one. I'll read anything with a good storyline
              > Fav actors and actresses: Andrea Parker and the cast of The
              Pretender, Caroline Quenton, Dawn French,Oliver Driver, Joanna
              Lumley, The guys of
              'The Panel" etc etc
              > Webpage address: Nil
              >Do you write fanfiction?: Nothing I've had the guts to put online.
              Lots of Ideas though
              >Do you beta-read: I'd like to give it a try
              >The fanfiction you will beta read: The stuff on my favourite shows
              list I guess preferably The Pretender because thats the one I know
              the most about
              >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Any, but if you send me
              some vulgar NC-17 (or whatever the rating is) it may come back a PG
              lol
              > Credentials: Not many (Im only seventeen and have just in the
              school holidays that follow sixth form). I have school certificate
              (seventy something percent in English, Science, Math, Economics and
              Agriculture, Im sure that will come in handy!!) And Sixth form
              certificate (too much to write and more than you want to know) I was
              third in my school for English and would like to Beta read to touch
              up my skills cause all we get to work with is shakespeare *yawn*
              So there you go my credentials are that I can read and write, cudos
              for me!!!
              HAPPY NEW YEAR
              Nicola
            • oviaukko
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2005
                so, i've already asked people to beta for me but since the welcome
                message included a request for an introduction, here you go.

                ~~~

                Name or Alias: Heidi (aka. Hazel or oviaukko)

                Fav shows/movies: the Island, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the
                Caribbean, Queer as Folk, Lost, Star Wars, Brokeback Mountain, OC,
                Fight Club, Moulin Rouge, ...tbc?

                Fav writers of fanfiction: Oh, there are many. <lj user=tuuli1109>,
                <lj user=monchy>, <lj user=bahama_breeze77> to mention a few writers
                of the last few fics i've read.

                Fav actors and actresses: Orlando Bloom (don't say it...), Viggo
                Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson, Keira
                Knightley, Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boid, Liv Tyler, Johnny Depp,
                Elijah Wood, Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, Goran Visnjic, Dermot
                Mulroney, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Colin Firth, ....that's not
                even 1/10th!

                Webpage address: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oviaukko/

                Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Have not in a year or so but now
                starting again. All my fics can be found here:
                http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=oviaukko&keyword=fics&filter=all

                Do you beta-read: Have betad for a friend, mainly just giving my
                opinion on the fic and some suggestions as to the plot. Am currently
                too busy with life and own fics to even beta for her, sorry.

                Hope we all have a blast. *G*

                love,heidi

                --
                "What is an ev0l giraffe anyway? I will eat all the leaves on this tree..."
                ~Eddie Izzard
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 19 3:55 PM
                  Welcome to my list. Why don't you introduce yourself. Here's just a
                  guideline and my intro.

                  > Name or Alias: Sondra
                  >
                  > Fav shows: Highlander, Battlestar Galactica 2003, and whatever strikes my
                  > fancy at the moment.
                  >
                  > Fav writers of fanfiction: don't have any at the moment
                  >
                  > Fav actors and actresses: um, don't watch that much tv, maybe Peter
                  > Wingfield. . .
                  >
                  > Webpage address: None.
                  >
                  > Do you write fanfiction?: Of course
                  >
                  > Do you beta-read: Of course.
                  >
                  > The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated
                  > above. But I can also check for grammar and spelling in all other fics
                  > too! I'm flexible! I will not beta slash (sorry, that's just not my cup
                  > o'tea fellas)
                  >
                  > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to NC-17

                • sweetkitty
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 12, 2006
                    Name or Alias: sweetkitty

                    Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angle, Bones, the
                    Pretender, Highlander(both), The Sentinel, on occasion
                    the Dead Zone, Queer As Folk, 4400 and any show that
                    catchs my fancy.

                    Fav writers of fanfiction: A lot to name

                    Webpage address: have one, but not up yet

                    Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, and I've posted.

                    I write gen, slash, and crossovers.

                    Do you beta-read: No