Beta Reader - desperate request!

  • Bonnie E.
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2001
      Now that Fanfiction.net has taken down their discussion boards, I'm
      having a hard time finding someone to beta a Xenogears story for me.

      It is the fourth chapter of my fic "Gebler Special Forces", which is
      pretty much finished except for a scene bridge here and there. But
      it is far from ready to see the world. I need someone who's strength
      is with structure and flow, because that's what it desperately
      needs. Someone who is good with grammar would also be great (for I
      am hardly perfect)! This might extend to beta reading the entire
      story, including the existing first three chapters. There will be a
      long gap between this chapter and the next. I am a very slow writer,
      and I'm kind of stuck on chapter 5 right now.

      Here is a link to the first three chapters at fanfiction.net, if
      you'd like to see what sort of a project it is.

      http://www.fanfiction.net/index.fic?action=story-read&storyid=119691

      If anyone is interested, please e-mail me at carrina_f@....
      THANKS!!!

      ^_^
    • Bonnie E.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2001
        Hello, again, all!

        I just read the instructions for this message board, and I realize it
        would probably be good and fair if I shared time beta reading some
        fics for people. I really did like doing it when I did so, and I'd
        love to do it again. Just expect there to be a 2-3 week turnaround.
        If this is still okay, I'll be willing to beta for the following
        stories.

        All Final Fantasy series
        Star Ocean 1 and 2
        Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3
        Chrono Trigger and Cross
        Sailor Moon
        Dragon Ball Z
        Gundam Wing
        The Practise
        Quantum Leap
        Harry Potter
        Possibly some other RPG series' I haven't thought of. Just ask!

        The only types of stories under these categories I will not beta is
        slash, yuri and yaoi. I will beta read shonen ai.

        My strengths are in dialogue and characterization. My grammar and
        spelling are average. I'll pick up basic mistakes, but probably
        nothing complicated.
      • Theresa Carlquist
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2001
             would you beta-read a Jag fan fic?

            Sincerely,

             Mary Ann Carlquist

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22, 2001
            --- In Beta_Unlimited@y..., "Theresa Carlquist" <MsCarstairs@w...>
            wrote:
            > would you beta-read a Jag fan fic?
            >

            > Sincerely,
            >
            > Mary Ann Carlquist

            I could try, as long as complete knowledge of the show is necessary.
            My mom watches the show so I wouldn't be completely lost, however.
            If all you want me to look at is structure, then I'll be fine.

            Thanks!

            Bonnie E.