Welcome to Beta_Unlimited

  • Summer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2001

      Hey all,

      Just joined, so I thought I should introduce myself. I'm Summer and I've done a lot of beta reading in the past and I'd like to get back into it now that I have some time on my hands. Let's see...I watch and can effectively beta for: X-Files, Days of our Lives, One Life to Live, Dawson's Creek, Felicity, Star Wars...and I'm sure there are one or two more I'm forgetting...oh, yeah--the ultimate guilty pleasure (and I'm almost afraid to admit this, lol) but I can beta boyband fiction, too. Whew! My dirty little secret out of the closet!

      I can also do just general grammar and miscellaneous beta if anyone needs that, too. If you'd like to talk to me or have me do some beta, just drop me a line!

      Hope to hear from some of you soon! :o)

      Summer
    • Kathrin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21 11:52 AM
        Hi there!

        Well, since I'm new to this list I guess I should give a short introduction.
        So here you go :o):

        Name: Kathrin (a.k.a Murron)
        Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Pretender, Angel
        Fav movies: The Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, X-Men, Crouching Tiger,
        Hidden Dragon, Gladiator ...
        Fav writers of fanfiction: so far: eretria, Diebin, Amphithea, Mara
        Greengrass and some others
        Fav actors and actresses: Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, Cate Blanchett, Seth
        Green, Alyson Hannigan ...
        Webpage address: http://www.elflingslair.de.vu
        e-mail address: elfling@...
        Do you write fanfiction?: Yup, absolutely :o).
        Are you a beta-reader?: I'm afraid no. English isn't my first language so I
        guess I wouldn't be a sufficient help.
        What else? I'm a student for English & German literature and philology. I
        spend too much time on reading, fa:r too much time on writing and a little
        too much time on movies ... the trouble is, I love all of it :o).

        Nice to meet you all

        ~Murron
        _________________________________
        "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist,
        but you have ceased to live."
        - Mark Twain
      • Lolita Luthor
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20, 2003
          Hey everyone, I'm a newbie and just introducing
          myself.

          My name's lolita, or lola...and I am looking for
          someone to beta my new smallville fic, my first fic
          ever. It's a WIP, clark/lex... Any volunteers?

          As for the other intro questions:

          fav shows: smallville, roswell, buffy, angel, gilmore
          girls, everwood, six feet under

          fav writers of fan fiction: jenn, dayspring, nymph du
          pave, Lanning....there are others, but those are the
          one's i can think of right now...

          fav actors and actresses: i love em all, but my top
          two favs would definitely have to be michael rosenbaum
          and majandra delfino

          web page address: my live journal
          http://www.livejournal.com/users/lolitaluthor

          Do I write fan fiction? Yes, I've just started..hence
          I'm joining the list cause I am new to this and
          looking for betas. Not new to reading fanfic
          though..that's my favorite addiction...

          Do I beta-read: i haven't, but I bet I'd be good at
          it. I'm a good editor...i find it easier than writing
          myself. I could beta for Smallville, Buffy, Roswell,
          Angel... And i'd read anywhere from G to NC-17, Het,
          Slash, whatever...

          That's all! Thanks!
          Lola

          --- Beta_Unlimited Moderator